• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who among us actually believes we'll draft Levis

top dawg

With the 1st pick...Will Levis!  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will we draft Levis over Stroud or Young?

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt it's ar at 1.  They could have had him at 3.  Now if they trade down.......

I am pretty sure it's Stroud at 1 and he starts from day 1 and we walk away with the south 

Yeah, AR is the long shot here. Levis isn't even in the conversation because there's no way McCown would be ok with it. I mean it's not his team, but they didn't pull him in just to groom a QB, they brought him in to help make the decision. 

I do feel confident that it will be Young or Stroud, though. Whichever one we take I think we own the NFCS. I feel better about Stroud, but ultimately I think we rule with either. 

I think we'd eventually rule with AR, but it would take a lot of finessing and engineering to put together a team that wins in Reich's first year and we're going to have to hit the gate winning. 

We're going to get a QB you can start on day 1 with. That's why we traded for the first pick.

• Pie 1

No, there’s no chance whatsoever. Just because Tepper once upon a time a while ago said he likes him doesn’t mean that both his opinion hasn’t changed or that he’ll overrule the football guys and force them to take the guy he wants.  It’s Stroud or Young, barring them both getting arrested for murder or something between now and then. 

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm intrigued as hell by Richardson's talent but I don't think you trade up to #1 to take anyone other than Young or Stroud.

If the pick isn’t Stroud or Young I so t understand going to 1 to get them. Richardson and Levis we could have traded to 4 at worst to get our guy.

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

If the pick isn’t Stroud or Young I so t understand going to 1 to get them. Richardson and Levis we could have traded to 4 at worst to get our guy.

You have no way of knowing that. You cannot listen to the draftnick's about where these guys should go. Trust your own scouts and their evaluation.  If your guy is worth a 1st round pick then take him. So what if some media mouth piece says he should go to someone at 15? What makes that guy an expert? 

51 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You have no way of knowing that. You cannot listen to the draftnick's about where these guys should go. Trust your own scouts and their evaluation.  If your guy is worth a 1st round pick then take him. So what if some media mouth piece says he should go to someone at 15? What makes that guy an expert? 

Usually it’s folks who have a read on these things and have connections to teams. And you are correct in that I don’t know where the last two will go but it’s hard for me to believe they traded up to 1 to take the bigger risks in Levis or Richardson.

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

Usually it’s folks who have a read on these things and have connections to teams. And you are correct in that I don’t know where the last two will go but it’s hard for me to believe they traded up to 1 to take the bigger risks in Levis or Richardson.

Bigger risks according to who exactly?

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Bigger risks according to who exactly?

According to me. I speak and type on behalf of my own personal opinion. Richardson and Levis did not look NFL ready at all this past season. They are the types I would worry need a year to sit and we don’t have anyone in front of them here worth starting over them. And guess what? Our pick next year belongs to Chicago. I’d hate to pick top ten again while Levis or Richardson learn and see that lock go somewhere else. 

I’d feel much better about Stroud starting day 1. 

Just now, Varking said:

According to me. I speak and type on behalf of my own personal opinion. Richardson and Levis did not look NFL ready at all this past season. They are the types I would worry need a year to sit and we don’t have anyone in front of them here worth starting over them. And guess what? Our pick next year belongs to Chicago. I’d hate to pick top ten again while Levis or Richardson learn and see that lock go somewhere else. 

I’d feel much better about Stroud starting day 1. 

I seriously doubt and most importantly hope that they are not selecting the future of this team by how it would make you or I feel about it.  

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I seriously doubt and most importantly hope that they are not selecting the future of this team by how it would make you or I feel about it.  

They aren’t going to make decisions based on what I think or what anyone here thinks.