• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Confused Why Some Seem to Think We Got Fleeced

Daddy_Uncle

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I'm leaning towards 1) Stroud, and 2) Young. 

Honestly a great case could be made for both and I think both excel in the league and will do so for a long time. Young is more exciting, but Stroud is the better passer. I've thought this all along. 

I think that Stroud is the better long term answer just because I think QBs who rely on their arms more than their legs last longer, but I don't think overall it's a big difference between the two. 

I think Young is better in front of the camera than Stroud, but that's also not a huge concern.

It will be one of those two, though. And I'll be stoked for either one with no buyers remorse. 

I can have some level of "OK" with either. But they're not gonna be set up to succeed with R. Jay Soward and Ryne Robinson as WR targets. If it isn't one of them, Reich could coach his ass off and 2-15 would still be unattainable.

• Flames 1

Just now, rayzor said:

I'm leaning towards 1) Stroud, and 2) Young. 

Honestly a great case could be made for both and I think both excel in the league and will do so for a long time. Young is more exciting, but Stroud is the better passer. I've thought this all along. 

I think that Stroud is the better long term answer just because I think QBs who rely on their arms more than their legs last longer, but I don't think overall it's a big difference between the two. 

I think Young is better in front of the camera than Stroud, but that's also not a huge concern.

It will be one of those two, though. And I'll be stoked for either one with no buyers remorse. 

Young sounds like a kid when he speaks. Kinda matches his physical stature. I still think it's a toss-up between the 4 right now as far as the Panthers go. I guess their pro day workouts and interviews will make the final case for each.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

banning super mario GIF

It’s like Doritos. You can add all these new delicious flavors, but at the end of the day Nacho Cheese is the GOAT. It will always be the top sold best flavor. Same goes for grape jam. In closing there will always be a new “flavor of the month” but grape will always be there when you get tired of your new fling. I leave the fate of jam flavor to the Commonwealth of the Huddle.

1 hour ago, 1989 said:

We also created a lot of cap space by moving DJ. Not sure how much, but that’s another positive. 

This was probably the determining factor for us including DJ in the trade. Deals for Bozeman, Burns are looming and we need all the cap space we can get. Moore was likely the most valuable asset we had and adding him kept the compensation to the Bears doable for the 1st pick. 

40 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Considering all the Bears fans and radio hosts were yelling for like a 2023 1st 2 2nds, 2024 first, 2025 first and second, DJ Moore and Brian Burns, I would say they probably feel like they got fleeced lol.

Reality is, it didn't matter who traded up for 1, it was always going to look like a fleecing, that why it's only happened like 13 times in NFL history.

Bears fans feel far from fleeced right now. 

10 minutes ago, travisura said:

The replies to this tweet, and Twitter in general, are all saying that we got absolutely fleeced.

I had to stop reading the comments Because they made me so mad. It shows how little common sense exist in society. No way we got fleeced that way a win win for both teams. Only time will tell on the decision we make with number 1 overall, but by no means is this franchise crippled by having a rookie QB wage for the next 5 years, and only missing a 2nd and 1st round pick. I take that risk 10/10 times for a chance to get a franchise QB. Our running game was better after the CMC trade and I don’t believe it will be very hard at all to match DJ’s game impact which was not very high at all if you actually watched panther games (which 99 percent of the people making comments on that thread did not)

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, hepcat said:

They didn’t get fleeced. But trading Moore when you’re about to draft a rookie QB is not a good idea. Rookie QBs need good receivers and it’s gonna be tough to replace his production. 

The Bears were not going to trade with us unless DJ was part of the deal.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s like Doritos. You can add all these new delicious flavors, but at the end of the day Nacho Cheese is the GOAT. It will always be the top sold best flavor. Same goes for grape jam. In closing there will always be a new “flavor of the month” but grape will always be there when you get tired of your new fling. I leave the fate of jam flavor to the Commonwealth of the Huddle.

College Accuse GIF

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Accurate. Burns was who a lot of our fans wanted to give up but DJ Moore was always their target. The FA WR market it sus but the FA rusher market is better. Plus DJ already has the contract where with Burns you’d have to offer a new contract to plus a bonus. Both sides win so long as we nail the pick. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Go back and try for a different pick, then. Surprised they didn't get him to throw in five more first-rounders, Burns, and the 2015 NFC championship trophy. Once he gets his heart set, you can get whatever you want out of him.