• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

W/O the GA game do u take CJ?

Ivory Panther

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

Why does nobody bringing up Bryce’s games against Georgia in this argument. He played them twice, went 1-1 with 4 TD to 2 INT and 790 yards.

Bryce’s games were also basically back to back which is as close as you can get to simulating playing conference opponents with NFL talents twice a year. 

That 2021 GA defense is considered the best of all time by many. Bryce played them as a 1st year starter in 2021 in basically back to back games & put up these very respectable numbers. Especially when both INT came in the second game after GA got more tape on him.

while this yr version of GA defense (the one CJ played) was very good, it wasn’t as good last year. 

• Pie 2

CJ played against some of the best defenses in college football. UGA #10, UM #6, PSU #17, Wisconsin #11, Notre Dame #22, Iowa #2. Against the no. 2 defense in the country he was 66.7% with four td's vs. 1 int. Not sure you can call that struggling. He showed up vs. a really good UGA team with 67.6% 4 td's no int's on the biggest stage.  And OSU didn't have the arsenal of wr's they had last year.  2022 college football team d

I'm impressed.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

If Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray are your only comps that can convince you he's your guy you might be in trouble.

I mean Brees, Flutie, etc played for a long time. I’d argue Kyler and Manziel got in more trouble with their desire to run than anything in the pocket. Benefit is that’s not Bryce’s game and he avoids most big hits. 

End of the day there’s not a ton of data either way on small QBs because most are outliers in the big picture of the NFL, kind of like Josh Allen unicorns are outliers. 

I’m personally not as concerned about Bryce’s size but I get it. I just don’t think his game translates to someone who will be taking a bunch of big hits and there are examples of that profile lasting a good while in the NFL, as much of an outlier as small QBs are.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

If Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray are your only comps that can convince you he's your guy you might be in trouble.

So he’s the same size as a future hall of famer and a 2x pro bowler. Oh he’s also the same size as drew Brees. In an era where even a sack has to be performed in a very specific manner or it’s a penalty. He’s not even a running QB. At what point am I not in trouble? 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

I dont care that much about the combine athletic numbers. I dont care about the 40, the long jump, verticle, etc. What I do care about is watching a qb throw to completely unknown wr at various areas on the field and distance. Watch the show CJ put on and tell me you don't see elite arm talent. His passes were pretty ontarget and simply effortless. That was an elite show and shortly after that, we traded up to number 1 without seeing Young throw at all. That's all I need to know.

I don’t care for pitch & catch against air.

processing defenses is what’s important for top 5 QBs.

to me QB throw at the combine is similar to WR run the 40. Being fast is needed but can u run routes, can u consistently beat ur defender & catch the ball?

combine is 1 of the tool teams use to evaluate but good teams understand it’s just a small part of the evaluation. 

• Pie 1

Just now, SZ James (banned) said:

You have a tendency to discard the biggest flaw/strength when it serves your own biases

I don’t see size as a flaw for a QB in todays NFL. That’s why Bryce is my top QB. The rules protect QBs too much. 

but I understand the argument for ppl who think he should be a big deal. 

5 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

So he’s the same size as a future hall of famer and a 2x pro bowler. Oh he’s also the same size as drew Brees. In an era where even a sack has to be performed in a very specific manner or it’s a penalty. He’s not even a running QB. At what point am I not in trouble? 

Maybe we could stop comparing any of these rookie QB's to current or future hall of famers to fit our agendas. So far I'm seeing many more people doing this for Bryce than I am Stroud though.

Edited by frankw