• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

W/O the GA game do u take CJ?

Ivory Panther

2 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I don’t see size as a flaw for a QB in todays NFL. That’s why Bryce is my top QB. The rules protect QBs too much. 

but I understand the argument for ppl who think he should be a big deal. 

Gotcha. Hopefully you also understand why cherry picking info isn't how you should approach anything

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Stroud has been a beast for 2 years.  The GA simply solidified what tape already showed 

This. CJ and Bryce had similar stats in college, both starting for stud teams. I see them as just about equal. BOTH men will have their game tweaked by their NFL coaches. The only real difference is CJ might hold up better physically through an entire season. Yes, that's the only difference IMHO. I've always wanted CJ over Bryce. The GA just shows us what he can do against a top tier defense. It shouldn't have changed anyone's mind. That is who he is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This. CJ and Bryce had similar stats in college, both starting for stud teams. I see them as just about equal. BOTH men will have their game tweaked by their NFL coaches. The only real difference is CJ might hold up better physically through an entire season. Yes, that's the only difference IMHO. I've always wanted CJ over Bryce. The GA just shows us what he can do against a top tier defense. It shouldn't have changed anyone's mind. That is who he is.

Whitney Houston Agree GIF

35 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Not sure what I’m cherry picking.
Size is not a concern for me. Cherry picking would be size is an issue for me but I chose not to bring it up…

No, you are cherry picking the size thing AND ALSO Stroud's tape, the thing you made this thread about. You are doing it intentionally since you're trying to limit the parameters of the debate for everyone else. 

If you're not willing to even consider why size is a huge issue, despite the MOUNTAINS OF EVIDENCE and NUMEROUS CASE STUDIES, then why should anyone engage with you on your terms? You're already proving yourself to be acting entirely in bad faith 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Maybe we could stop comparing any of these rookie QB's to current or future hall of famers to fit our agendas. So far I'm seeing many more people doing this for Bryce than I am Stroud though.

I’ve seen the word agenda thrown in this convo so many times. I guess my “agenda” is Panthers taking the best QB for us? Idk tell me what my agenda is because you must know better. 

My personal opinion is BY and the size thing is being blown completely out of proportion. We had the biggest most physical freak QB of all time and he made it 7 years (7 great ones) before being physically shot. I keep seeing on this board if BY was 6’2 and 225 he’d by the unanimous #1. My only differing opinion I guess is I think he’s still #1 at 5’10, 200 with the way the current NFL is structured to protect and flourish QBs. I guess that’s my “agenda”. (?)

It feels like way too many on this board think we will play whoever we draft like we did Cam. Cam was the best to do it in black and blue so I get it, but it’s not reality. Both these guys are not running QBs as a major part of their game. If the coaching staff goes Stroud I’m happy and fully supporting him. 

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

No, you are cherry picking the size thing AND ALSO Stroud's tape, the thing you made this thread about. You are doing it intentionally since you're trying to limit the parameters of the debate for everyone else. 

If you're not willing to even consider why size is a huge issue, despite the MOUNTAINS OF EVIDENCE and NUMEROUS CASE STUDIES, then why should anyone engage with you on your terms? You're already proving yourself to be acting entirely in bad faith 

Ok, give me the “mountain of evidence & case study” where size was an issue for QB as far as durability in recent years with the rules change.

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I’ve seen the word agenda thrown in this convo so many times. I guess my “agenda” is Panthers taking the best QB for us? Idk tell me what my agenda is because you must know better. 

My personal opinion is BY and the size thing is being blown completely out of proportion. We had the biggest most physical freak QB of all time and he made it 7 years (7 great ones) before being physically shot. I keep seeing on this board if BY was 6’2 and 225 he’d by the unanimous #1. My only differing opinion I guess is I think he’s still #1 at 5’10, 200 with the way the current NFL is structured to protect and flourish QBs. I guess that’s my “agenda”. (?)

It feels like way too many on this board think we will play whoever we draft like we did Cam. Cam was the best to do it in black and blue so I get it, but it’s not reality. Both these guys are not running QBs as a major part of their game. If the coaching staff goes Stroud I’m happy and fully supporting him. 

Oh stop that do not drag Cam Newton into this you're acting like he was wheelchairbound after 2018. It's his arm. Other than that he survived a great deal of punishment considering how many times he rushed the football for us. That is specifically because of his size advantage.

And yes if you think the size thing is "overblown" you clearly do have an agenda. Don't get upset when people point that out to you.

• Poo 1