• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There seems to be a sizable portion of the fanbase that thinks size trumps skill and talent

jayboogieman

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh believe me I've already been considering this possibility. Same can be said for vice versa if we take Young and Stroud or one of the others becomes a star. It's a pickle.

Yeah, you've been "considering the possibility," but what about the energy you've been bringing? It's pretty obvious that you aren't happy with the trade, and you don't seem particularly happy with the thought of picking Young. Now tell me how wrong I am.

Edited by top dawg
"Young," excuse me.

56 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh believe me I've already been considering this possibility. Same can be said for vice versa if we take Young and Stroud or one of the others becomes a star. It's a pickle.

I'm fully prepared for whoever the Panthers don't pick to end up the best of the bunch or at least better than whoever they do pick. It's the Panthers' way.

So, they should just save themselves the trouble and take Ahlers, Levis, or Richards since size matters.🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Across the last 20 years the Super Bowl winning QB has been at least 6' 4" and hasn't weighed less than 215 pounds.

Do you realize how easy it is to prove incorrect?

Wilson, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes say differently

16 hours ago, Toker Smurf said:

The best ability is availability. Can Young stand up to NFL physicality? That aside, prowess in college doesn’t necessarily equate to the same in the NFL. I don’t know who will be better but Young’s size concerns me. 

I wish this wasn't true, but it is. Durability is an amazingly important trait for a professional athlete. Perhaps the most important one.

Previous poster used the old quote "Best ability is availability". (Note: Somebody should tell Jackson and Horn that). But it's true.

Anyways, I love Young, but his FRAME is the issue. Murray is short and athletic, but he is stocky, same for Wilson. Young has the shoulders of a middle school safety; his legs look like pencils. 

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, you've been "considering the possibility," but what about the energy you've been bringing? It's pretty obvious that you aren't happy with the trade, and you don't seem particularly happy with the thought of picking Young. Now tell me how wrong I am.

You seem to be implying I hate Bryce. That's absurd. Unlike some of the fans here in his camp I do not think he is "trash" like some have labeled Stroud while hilariously claiming to not be Bama fans. Both prospects have many more pros than they do cons and check the boxes we seek. It boils down to do you think the heigh/weight will be an issue. It's a personal opinion thing. As for the trade involving Moore I am wait and see. I remember having many a heated convo with Panthers fans back in the day about whichever mediocre WR we were hoping would be the next Moose let alone anywhere near the stratosphere of a Steve Smith. Nothing is guaranteed. Hopium is high right now but having to hit on both a franchise QB an elite WR and find a legit TE in one offseason is a tall order. If you guys think it can be done you should get your egos ready to be checked because it probably won't happen quickly and there might be some lumps along the way.

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

I'm fully prepared for whoever the Panthers don't pick to end up the best of the bunch or at least better than whoever they do pick. It's the Panthers' way.

So, they should just save themselves the trouble and take Ahlers, Levis, or Richards since size matters.🤷‍♂️

See this is why folks can't have convos with the pro Young camp. If you guys aren't calling Stroud trash you're flailing about just taking tall QB's because people have concerns about Bryce.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

You seem to be implying I hate Bryce. That's absurd. Unlike some of the fans here in his camp I do not think he is "trash" like some have labeled Stroud while hilariously claiming to not be Bama fans. Both prospects have many more pros than they do cons and check the boxes we seek. It boils down to do you think the heigh/weight will be an issue. It's a personal opinion thing. As for the trade involving Moore I am wait and see. I remember having many a heated convo with Panthers fans back in the day about whichever mediocre WR we were hoping would be the next Moose let alone anywhere near the stratosphere of a Steve Smith. Nothing is guaranteed. Hopium is high right now but having to hit on both a franchise QB an elite WR and find a legit TE in one offseason is a tall order. If you guys think it can be done you should get your egos ready to be checked because it probably won't happen quickly and there might be some lumps along the way.

I am just responding to your energy. I never said that you hated Bryce. But, you don't seemed enthused about drafting him (especially when juxtaposed against the energy that you put forward when talking about Stroud as a prospect). As a non-Bama fan (a Georgia alum to be honest), I think that waaaaaaay more negativity has been put forth against Young than Stroud in the Huddle aether. As a matter of fact, more people have been supportive of Stroud than than any other QB on this forum since the trade happened (and probably pre-trade as well).

As for losing Moore, I've already explained to you why it's unrealistic to expect to be able to replace him in the short term, but that it should be a reasonable expectation to improve the overall WR room in the short term. The TE issue really is a separate issue, but not only do we have better coaches, but this class id generally regarded as being deep at TE. 

We're likely not going to build Rome in a day. That's an unrealistic expectation! But, we can expect some reasonable growth notwithstanding the loss of Moore.

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

why so serious joker GIF

I know you're mostly kidding but others aren’t. At some point this whole convo has to shift to our OL though. As much as Sam Darnold sucks the oline didn't look as great to finish the season and we're only as good as our depth so that should be just as key as replacing Moore.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I know you're mostly kidding but others aren’t. At some point this whole convo has to shift to our OL though. As much as Sam Darnold sucks the oline didn't look as great to finish the season and we're only as good as our depth so that should be just as key as replacing Moore.

Joking aside, this move up to 1 will most likely bite them in the ass. The team is not a QB away from competing. The NFCS and soft schedule along with the decent job Wilks and Co did to stabilize the team has Tepper and Co fooled into thinking the time is now just like the 3-0 start did in 2021. Spoiler alert: It's not time to compete.

The team has a lot of holes that need to be filled and not a lot of cap nor a skilled enough person managing it to do Saints style cap voodoo. Plus the defense will need a little retooling if they really do move to the 34 as a permanent thing. There's just not enough picks or cap to do all that needs to be done in one offseason.

Now, does the team need a first round rookie QB? Yes! The rookie QB will give fans hope and buy the team time to keep building while not driving away more fans. Trading Moore and not having a security blanket TE actually helps buy the team time too, though I think they'll add guys at TE and WR. They probably won't be stars though. Giving fans hope also puts butts in seats and sells merchandise. And that will make the business side and Tepper happy.

I imagine the business group has reports showing subpar merchandise, tickets, and concession sales for a few years now. There has been no Cam, TD, Smith, Luke, or Peppers here to drive those sales even if CMC was considered a star and the team has been losing. A bright, shiny, new rookie QB taken at the top of the first round can and should help reverse some of those trends business wise. How the rookie helps the W and L columns is to be determined.

• Beer 1