• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud + Smith-Njigba

Puresteel55

JSN won't be around for our round 2 pick.  Besides, I am not sold on the top wr prospects, but i am sold on the depth of this class. Projections are all over the place but someone has to fall to round 3 and that could be Josh Downs, Jalin Hyatt or Rashee Rice. I've seen those guys a lot higher than round 3, but i've seen projections that have those 3 in round 3 as well.  

2 hours ago, shaq said:

Hear me out, in all these cases the QB is drafted a year before the WR. This year we grab Stroud and imagine if we somehow landed Marvin Harrison Jr next year, absolute pipe dream but fug that would be scary.

this. Marvin Harrison, Jr. is the goal...esp. if Stroud is our guy.

Fitt would have to work some serious magic to make that happen, but i got faith he can do it.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

There's no farm left to trade I'm afraid.

Not just that, you’d need a team so deep at WR they wouldn’t draft MHjr in that draft slot and be willing to move back significantly. 
It’s not even worth dreaming about. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

People are getting way ahead of themselves assuming Stroud will be the pick. He might be. But I think it's far from a certainty. I'm not even sure if I'd consider him the favorite. Coaching comments keep leading me to Bryce Young.

Something tells me AR is the other guy they are looking at.

I wouldn't be shocked if AR is indeed the pick.

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Something tells me AR is the other guy they are looking at.

I wouldn't be shocked if AR is indeed the pick.

I'm honestly somewhere around 50% Young, 35% Stroud, 15% Richardson in terms of draft chances. That's strictly what I think is likely to happen in terms of reading the fig leaves.

I hope the decision is already made. I hope it was made before we mortgaged our future on this trade. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

People are getting way ahead of themselves assuming Stroud will be the pick. He might be. But I think it's far from a certainty. I'm not even sure if I'd consider him the favorite. Coaching comments keep leading me to Bryce Young.

where's that cauliflower gif when you need it?

3 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Only realistic way I see that happening is if a bad team trades us their 1 next year for our 2 this year.  Or we trade some player for a next year’s 1st at some point in the season. Only candidate I could see for that is Burns and I doubt that happens. 

If only we had the first round pick of an aging team with an oft injured, past his prime, QB, and that is currently in full rebuild and unloading assets…for the next 2 years would be even better…

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly somewhere around 50% Young, 35% Stroud, 15% Richardson in terms of draft chances. That's strictly what I think is likely to happen in terms of reading the fig leaves.

I hope the decision is already made. I hope it was made before we mortgaged our future on this trade. 

What’s making you lean Young? I would be ok with the pick, just curious as to what you are seeing/reading that makes you think that?

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Even if Stroud is the pick, the way some people are talking and hyping him up, he'll never live up to what they're imagining/dreaming. Stroud and Young were great college QBs, but nobody has any idea how they'll do in the NFL.

I'm at the point I'd like to see the Panthers take Richardson or Levis at 1 just to watch this place meltdown. Of course, Ahlers at 1 is the true pipedream to watching this place explode.

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

i would flip Young and Stroud. Probably just me, but i think Stroud ends up being the more impressive overall candidate. 

And i'm with you in hoping the decision was already made. I feel like it's one of those things they know but they want to be sure of first. I think they believe that either Stroud or Young or even Richardson (to a lesser degree) would be worth the first overall, but i think someone impressed them enough to want to just go ahead and jump in. They saw/learned enough at the combine to say "we can NOT miss out on this guy."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2