• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More from Albert Breer

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Nope. Young Lion stays and trains with Reich and McCown along with CJ Stroud. 

Having two recent blue chip successful college QBs is better than having ONE. IF Reich and company is all that in the QB department then make us TWO good NFL Qbs then.

You gave a whole spill about how Corral and Levis elevated smaller schools with lesser talent and that's how you know they are great.  Do you remember this?

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:
Some additional background details on the trade that make it sound like we actually got the price that would have been expected for a top five team rather than a top ten, but DJ Moore helped make up the difference.

For what it's worth, it doesn't make it sound like three first round picks was ever truly in play.

In addition, Breer corroborates the belief that the Panthers are sold on two guys, but doesn't know for sure who they are. He speculates CJ Stroud and Bryce Young.

Discussing those two, Breer takes the reverse of Adam Schefter's view and suggests that Tepper likes Stroud while "the football people" prefer Bryce Young.

He adds that over the next month they plan to explore whether they can get comfortable with a third quarterback option and that yes, they are open to trade down possibilities.

He said three 1st round picks were never in play for teams within the top 5.

Logic tells you that for those teams outside of the top 5 it would have took more draft capital or in our case a pretty good player.

45 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I doubt we’ll ever get the full story. If Young’s the pick I’m probably off base.  Stroud I believe is one of the two finalists.

I imagine that Stroud and Young are really the only two getting serious consideration. Obviously they will do the due diligence required to evaluate the other two but I can't imagine really any scenario where they believe that either Levis or Richardson are better than Young or Stroud.

57 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

IMO, we moved to 1 to get a singular player, we MAY be tempted to move back one spot, but I don't think that will happen.

Everyone in the building minus, Mr. and Mrs. Tepper, will likely be gone in 3 years if this doesn't work out.  In that instance, you have to take the "most likely to make it" QB...that also checks boxes that make him a very high 1st rounder.

Stroud is the only player that looks like he checks all the boxes.  His interview with the offensive leaders of this team, if it were to go well, will likely wrap all this up.

Any of the other 3 bring some serious questions with them.

That's a common thought, but I actually believe the story about them having conviction on more than one guy is true. And when you think about it, that does fit in with Reich's way of operating ("diversity of thought" and such).

They moved up to get whomever they ultimately decide on, but that decision isn't made yet. And honestly, prior to the pro days, visits, interviews and all that, it probably shouldn't be.

Making sure they check every last detail before coming to a final conclusion is smart.

49 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You gave a whole spill about how Corral and Levis elevated smaller schools with lesser talent and that's how you know they are great.  Do you remember this?

Neither Corral, Levis, Trask, Herbert weren't projected #1 picks. My picks were about getting more bang for your buck.

#1 pick is all the bucks. Everything changed.

We didn't/haven't had a #1 to talk about until now. 

As follows for any who want to take note:

QBs: 

1.Stroud

2.Levis

3. Richardson

4.Young

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Neither Corral, Levis, Trask, Herbert weren't projected #1 picks. My picks were about getting more bang for your buck.

#1 pick is all the bucks. Everything changed.

We didn't/haven't had a #1 to talk about until now. 

As follows for any who want to take note:

QBs: 

1.Stroud

2.Levis

3. Richardson

4.Young

Understand The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a common thought, but I actually believe the story about them having conviction on more than one guy is true. And when you think about it, that does fit in with Reich's way of operating ("diversity of thought" and such).

They moved up to get whomever they ultimately decide on, but that decision isn't made yet. And honestly, prior to the pro days, visits, interviews and all that, it probably shouldn't be.

Making sure they check every last detail before coming to a final conclusion is smart.

Totally agree, need him in the building, but I'm guessing there isn't a 1 A and B....but a 1, 2, 2A, etc....

Who knows though, glad I'm not the one making the call to be honest.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Totally agree, need him in the building, but I'm guessing there isn't a 1 A and B....but a 1, 2, 2A, etc....

Who knows though, glad I'm not the one making the call to be honest.

I'm even more glad Matt Rhule isn't the one making the call.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There Can Only Be One Cat GIF - Only One There Can Only Be One Funny Car GIFs

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think they're probably pretty damn sure.