• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers QB: “No doubt in my mind” they pick Bryce Young

Cary Kollins

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

We’ve seen Burrow and Herbert deal with injuries. Josh Allen was banged up this year. It’s not all about size. 

We have seen them deal with injuries, but not major concussions like Tua had last season, which absolutely has to do with size and body mass. Tua is a concussion or two away from being forced to retire. 

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

Tepper should love running the franchise, not evaluating talent--(see Jones, Jerry).

Kind of my thought too. I think he openly talks about who he likes, but has generally let the staff draft the players. I think he liked Fields and let Rhule take Horn for what it’s worth.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

The original two glove QB David Carr is convinced we take Bryce Young. He goes on to say how the game has changed to favor offenses and he’s not concerned with Young’s size. 

All aboard the Bryce train baby. 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/david-carr-s-best-nfl-team-fits-for-top-2023-draft-qbs

If he is not concerned about his size then Carr is a goddamn fool. 

53 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

We’ve seen Burrow and Herbert deal with injuries. Josh Allen was banged up this year. It’s not all about size. 

Injuries and career longevity are different things. You really think a guy smaller than Corral is eyeing a 12-15 year career? He'll be lucky to last 8-10.

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

Injuries and career longevity are different things. You really think a guy smaller than Corral is eyeing a 12-15 year career? He'll be lucky to last 8-10.

Of course, Frank, you could argue that a 6' 5", 250 lb Panther QB had a shortened career because of his size--he took on everyone.  I dunno.  I am trying to get my head right should Bryce get called out in KC first.

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Of course, Frank, you could argue that a 6' 5", 250 lb Panther QB had a shortened career because of his size--he took on everyone.  I dunno.  I am trying to get my head right should Bryce get called out in KC first.

We're talking about Cam? The Watt hit was in the pocket wasn't it? Hey man we all saw Cam in 2021 he still had almost every bit the juice as his younger days running the ball. And that's after an unconscionable number of career rushing attempts that would make some running backs blush. That's because of his frame. If you want a more valid comp for Young look at Tua.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

59 minutes ago, frankw said:

Geesh you Young fanboys will look high and low for comps to validate him being smaller than Matt Corral 😂

I'm not a Young fanboy, and being injury prone isn't predicated on size...Matt Corral is just an injury prone player

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2023/03/13/carolina-panthers-david-tepper-frank-reich-split-quarterback-draft

Schefter is reporting Tepper loves Young, but Reich likes Stroud. 

Meanwhile Breer is reporting that Tepper likes Stroud but "the football people" prefer Young.

Tis the season 😄

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1