• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to sign Miles Sanders

Mr. Scot

Meh. There is more to this. We need offensive weapons. He can catch. WR FA is poo. Even trading up to get a WR, to expect him to be balling season 1 is very rare. If we don’t do something to support our 1 overall QB we have set him up for failure and wasted capital doing so. Very likely won’t be until year two Reich can really open things up and we might be in for a lot of running/dunking next year.

These are the (good) reasons this move is a bit expensive. I still approve of it. What can you do? The FA market is what it is and the Bears wanted Moore.

Really need to find that WR though…anyone. Just looking at the depth chart is a complete joke.

10 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I don't care how you get one, but you have to get a WR #1.

You can't draft a rookie QB 1st overall and pay an RB 6.5 million and not give your top pick a #1 WR.

I know we can't get a #1 for the same 6.5, but we could have used that plus a little more to have signed someone who could have fit the bill and then drafted an RB in the 3rd round to go along with a cheaper FA option.

Again, I like landing Sanders, behind our OL he should be real good, and I don't hate the contract as long as we get a #1 WR this year, if we don't, I'm not going to be so thrilled about it.

I keep seeing a few people say this and I disagree.  The number 1 thing you need for a young QB is a good Oline, check.  2.  A good run game, check 3.  A TE that can catch and block, we can now check that.  WR are great and all and I would love to have a number 1 but, look at KC, who was their number 1 receiver?  With 2 number 1 WR Hurst still was very respectable.  All over the league it's the same, we don't NEED a WR1 in the rookie QB's first year, we NEED players that are going to help build confidence while they are getting use to the speed of the game which typically doesn't equate to many scenarios where they sit in the pocket and wait for a 50 yard play to develop...that is year 3

• Pie 1