• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers agree to terms with Broncos DL DeShawn Williams

Saca312

25 minutes ago, Steve Smith said:

Very serviceable player for good value. Here’s my rundown.

Williams: 4.5 sacks, 8 QB hits, 4 TFL, 37 total tackles, 15 games started

Derrick Brown: 1 sack, 12 QB hits, 5 TFL, 67 total tackles.

Brown was a stud last year and honestly Williams could easily take the next step in his career. Great value signing that will be a contributor at the minimum next year.

Are you THE Steven smith? 

12 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

To be fair, I don’t think any WR he signs from FA will be an upgrade over DJ Moore. A bit nit picky I know, but I’d say 7/22 is more accurate.

The best you can hope for is to find two guys on cheaper contracts that could give you an equal amount of yards that DJ produced. You could possibly increase your TD production as well.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Smithers said:

It’s been stated over and over that Tuttle was signed as a NT.  Team sources confirmed it.  He played a ton of snaps at NT for the Saints last year.  

Yeah I saw David Newton mention it. He really isn’t a good source. Can you confirm someone else acknowledging it ? Typically nose tackles are about 330 pounds to hold the point of attack and eat up space. I don’t see Shy holding up at Nose. Seems more like a rotational piece for defensive end.

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If this guy and Tuttle are our starting DEs, Bell is our staring S

On offense, Miles Sanders starts at RB, Bozeman starts at C, and Hurst starts at TE.

We have not added a WR or two, and Fitterer has already upgraded 6/22 positions.  Once he signs a WR and we draft a QB, in one year we will have upgraded 8/22 starting positions.   That is over 36% of the starters.  In addition, you put Burns and Chinn in position to be more effective.

Tuttle is the nose tackle 

Brown will be playing one of the DE spots.

• Pie 1