• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Primetime Game?

Smithers

1 hour ago, Moorgan said:

While I would love being on Hard Knocks, we are exempt this year and I definitely don’t want to be bad enough to be considered next year lol.

it was tough watching the Amazon Prime season of ALL OR NOTHING, feature the Cam vs Pittsburgh game. Ugh.    (up to then, the show is terrific)

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think we can be.

They have some rules, and if I recall correctly we would fit one of them to be excluded.

Don't remember which, but I've seen lists of eligible teams and we never seem to be on them.

There are 3 ways to be exempt from being forced to do Hard Knocks (any team can volunteer):

New Head Coach - this gives a team a 1 year exemption

Make the Playoffs - this gives a team a 2 year exemption

Appear on Hard Knocks - this gives a team a 10 year exemption

The 4 teams who qualify to be forced to do it this year are the Jets, Bears, Commanders and Saints.  I think its a slam dunk to be the Jets.

2 hours ago, panfanman said:

I don't care what the schedule is as long as they don't make the Tennessee game out of the country.  My wife and I are planning a vacation to Nashville around that away game.

I doubt they'll force us to go to Europe this season, knowing we're doing Germany next year.

6 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Week 1 - we’re definitely playing the Colts, right?

I think Texans would be more likely and make the Top 2 picks who will both be QB's and likely starters play each other week 1.

They did it with Jameis and Mariota

Plus they've done two straight years of our opening game being a QB reasoned matchup against an AFC team (Darnold vs Jets and Baker vs Browns), so might as well make it 3 for 3.

49 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I think Texans would be more likely and make the Top 2 picks who will both be QB's and likely starters play each other week 1.

They did it with Jameis and Mariota

Plus they've done two straight years of our opening game being a QB reasoned matchup against an AFC team (Darnold vs Jets and Baker vs Browns), so might as well make it 3 for 3.

That’s seems a reasonable possibility too. 

I just know they always match up teams Week 1 to maximize off season beef drama. I can’t think of anything better than Reich facing the team that fired him in the first game.