• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

14 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

What is your sources thought on Young, he just out of the picture?

He only gave two names.... Stroud and Richardson. That was it. 

I want to make sure everyone here knows that he isnt high on the totem poll there, and anything can change in a month's time. He just shared with me today unless something catasrophic happens... its CJ. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I want to make sure everyone here knows that he isnt high on the totem poll there, and anything can change in a month's time. He just shared with me today unless something catasrophic happens... its CJ. 

Cj is a Reich type player.  Accurate.  Can push the ball and go through reads. I have to think he will be the most accurate panther qb of all time the second he walks in the building.   

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why trade the pick though?

If you truly wanted Stroud and Houston really wanted Young they may trade to #1 for draft compensation if they thought you may pick Young. The same would be true of Indy if the Panthers would be happy with any of the 4 top QBS. Not likely, but possible.

Edited by FakePlasticTrees

Just now, FakePlasticTrees said:

If you truly wanted Stroud and Houston really wanted Young they may trade to #1 for draft compensation.  if they thought you may pick Young. The same would be true of Indy if the Panthers would be happy with any of the 4 top QBS. Not likely, but possible.

Pretty much.

Word is they're happy with two right now but that it could get to three by Draft Day.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much.

Word is they're happy with two right now but that it could get to three by Draft Day.

All 3 are completely different players. Cj most fits what Reich runs.   We would be goddamn fools to trade out of 1 just because we like 2-3 of the guys.   Plus what do folks really think Houston is going to give us to flip spots?

when you step back and hunk about it, it literally makes no sense and these “insiders” are playing us as morons.  

• Flames 1

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Makes sense and lines up with the HEAVY shifts towards from Young to CJ in Vegas (people in the know trying to make their money) once the trade was made. Stroud has everything that Reich wants in a QB and I don't buy the meme that they traded that much without at least having an overwhelming favorite in the brain trust.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

All 3 are completely different players. Cj most fits what Reich runs.   We would be goddamn fools to trade out of 1 just because we like 2-3 of the guys.   Plus what do folks really think Houston is going to give us to flip spots?

when you step back and hunk about it, it literally makes no sense and these “insiders” are playing us as morons.  

Are they also putting this out there just to mess with the Texans?

You are waaay too emotional on this topic, dude.

stripes-francis-francis.gif

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

It’s going to take an absolute catastrophic event to change what I am about to share with you all.

It’s Stroud. We are enamored of him. 

Sounds about right. Do you imagine that they'll trade with Houston and select Richardson if the compensation is enticing enough? I can't see them dropping down to #4.

Feels like it's Stroud and that's that.

• If you really like CJ you do not trade the pick for any reason.
  • Even if you have pretty much decided on CJ, you still want to do your homework. If you announce that CJ is the guy, why would Richardson, Levis, or Young waste their time visiting Charlotte?  Why workout if the purpose of the workout is to confirm a decision to select another player?
Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

Sounds about right. Do you imagine that they'll trade with Houston and select Richardson if the compensation is enticing enough? I can't see them dropping down to #4.

Feels like it's Stroud and that's that.

I do not have any intel on that source-wise. However, my personal opinon is that the Panthers wont try to get cute and risk losing out on CJ. If they are spendin all of these resources going through tape, reviews, phone calls, and background investigations... you dont want to lose that pick bc of a cute play.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1