• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Going to have to maintain a top tier line for Stroud too. He's used to playing behind an elite line, not a slightly above average line. Heck, same goes for any rookie QB. Doing what the Panthers did to Newton's line should be a firing offense.

Yes, but with the Saints, they spent a huge percentage of their cap on their Center and Guards--more that the tackles if memory serves me.  Remember when they had Evans and Warford and Ramcyk and some all pro center?  This article demonstrates the problem with Brees when things up front went bad:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2266260-poor-play-at-guard-center-is-making-life-difficult-for-saints-qb-drew-brees

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I started out big time wanting Stroud, but the more I've watched and seen what Bryce is, the more I'm convinced he is the potential HoF of this class. That said I won't be mad with Stroud, but I'm firmly on the Bryce train now.

HOF...really?

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The headline "Young now the favorite" is simply not what Ian said, and it is not factually accurate.

Thanks for bringing in the honest fact and not continuing this ruse. 

I do believe their mind hasnt fully made, but they traded up to #1 and the only way that happened if they viewed one player *clearly above all right now*. My tea leaves are saying its Stroud. I get knowing the #1 waay before the draft does hurt the rating or whatever story lines and the tiny chance houston trades for the #1......No longer care, plenty of other drafts had a clear #1 non-drama pick, cry more NFL...

Just cutting alllllll this silliness out- Its Coleridge Bernard "C. J." Stroud IV, sorry NFL for ruining the start of your draft...

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If we did all of this to trade up and we end up drafting Bryce Young, I may hang myself.

We can help.  I will start a thread titled, "Talking Proudiddy off the ledge" because I am that kind of guy.  There will be a poll (nothing complex, just "jump!" or "don't jump").  Here for you.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1