• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wr #1 is in the Lab..

Sub Zero

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Would be nice if we could use Shenault as more than a gadget player, can he not play traditional WR?? 🤔 

I feel like this staff is competent and will get him involved. He was a late addition for us before the season started, but now he will be on equal footing with everyone else as the new offense is installed. We just have to find a way to manufacture touches for him because he's a lot more dangerous than DJ after the catch and is very hard to bring down and runs over little dbs. 

• Pie 1

Targets correlate to production. No matter what at this point if he stays healthy he will get the targets. All you have to do is grab about 60% of them and you’ll be a number one. But of course you have to give the QB a reason to target you. With his limited separation speed he will need to work on his route tree obsessively. I have hopes he can do it. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Unfortunately, I believe this is more likely. 

I suspect we will wait until prices start to fall but still make at least one WR addition in free agency.

That is my exact line of thinking!  Let the prices drop and get one in the 2nd wave of free agency and then go all out to obtain a real good one in the draft.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Would be nice if we could use Shenault as more than a gadget player, can he not play traditional WR?? 🤔 

I mean it’d be so dam nice to have him run up the field seven yards turn around and catch the ball I might go crazy. Craziest thing I’ve seen worst part is he ran routes in jax so it’s not that far fetched.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

He is a nice developmental type guy but no sooner than the 4th IMO.  Raw player

He won’t be available in the 4th and he’s not as raw as you think imo. 

He‘s a hands catcher who finds holes in zones well and is good at using his size advantage to position himself to make the catch. I like him in the 3rd and wouldn’t mind him late 2nd if we traded back. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, ECHornet said:

He won’t be available in the 4th and he’s not as raw as you think imo. 

He‘s a hands catcher who finds holes in zones well and is good at using his size advantage to position himself to make the catch. I like him in the 3rd and wouldn’t mind him late 2nd if we traded back. 

Meh…missing on him doesn’t bother me,  he won’t turn into anything 

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is a weak draft class for WR's to be honest.

Even the best WR Johnston from TCU is not even a sure thing as a #1 WR.

I still think trade is our best option at WR. If we can get Jeudy or Sutton we are in good shape. 

It's a weak class if you're looking for a #1 but I think there's a lot of #2s and #3s in this draft. We wouldn't be in rage at #39 to get a guy anyone is projecting as a #1 anyway. Those guys go HIGH.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's a weak class if you're looking for a #1 but I think there's a lot of #2s and #3s in this draft. We wouldn't be in rage at #39 to get a guy anyone is projecting as a #1 anyway. Those guys go HIGH.

Which is why I suggested the Broncos WR's via trade.

They both have #1 potential. Sutton was a #1 before his injury. Both guys had close to 1000 yards recieving with Russ playing terrible. The goal should be getting a #1 WR or at least a WR with that potential. The rookie QB needs someone he can trust. Depending on #2/#3 WR's is going to make his job a lot harder.

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Unfortunately, I believe this is more likely. 

I suspect we will wait until prices start to fall but still make at least one WR addition in free agency.

Might as well just shoot for the moon and trade up for Addison if he falls to the early 20s.  Could go WR3 behind Johnston and S-N.  

Just shmaying.