• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers QB Cam Newton to be throwing at Auburn's Pro Day

Saca312

13 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Is he throwing for their WR's because they don't have anyone legit for the drills? Or they don't have a draft eligible QB so they're letting him showcase what shapes he's in? I guess there's not really any specific rules about who can do what at pro days

Most likely a showcase for teams to see if he still has anything left in that arm.

Only way I think Cam comes back to the NFL is if he accepts a backup role. In from that video he still seems set on being a starter which is not realistic.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

No

I love Cam, was thrilled when we brought him back and will always support him.

But he was never the best at reading defenses and his style of game was the exact opposite of fundamentals, how's he going to teach any QB that isn't a replica of himself?

Well he's better at it than Josh McCown was, and that dude is our QB coach now.

Cam's mental side of the game has if anything, been underrated his entire career.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah basically creating some interest for both sides who would otherwise be off the public radar

Kinda poorly planned, if that's the case.

The pro day is tomorrow. Announcing it the evening before would likely make it tricky for anybody who wasn't already planning on going to make arrangements to be there.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kinda poorly planned, if that's the case.

The pro day is tomorrow. Announcing it the evening before would likely make it tricky for anybody who wasn't already planning on going to make arrangements to be there.

Good point. I'm sure he'll make a Youtube vlog about the whole day 

Good luck Cam. I think he's got more left in the tank than a lot of people believe and that's OK. Everyone wants to write him off because of the covid year he had in NE (No wrs or TEs Damiere Byrd was their #1 wr that season) and the few games he played for the Panthers in 2021 with no real practice or offseason.

Realistically no QB was going to thrive in those situations and that was and is still the issue with Cam. He hasn't had an ideal spot to show he can still play at a high level and the chances of him finding that spot are incredibly low. But there's still a chance.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I just really wish there was some miraculous surgery Cam could've undergone to get his shoulder back to 100% and he could resume playing with like 5 more years of peak ability.  

He was on his way to the HOF IMO.  It is terrible how quickly his career got derailed.  

5 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Good luck Cam. I think he's got more left in the tank than a lot of people believe and that's OK. Everyone wants to write him off because of the covid year he had in NE (No wrs or TEs Damiere Byrd was their #1 wr that season) and the few games he played for the Panthers in 2021 with no real practice or offseason.

Realistically no QB was going to thrive in those situations and that was and is still the issue with Cam. He hasn't had an ideal spot to show he can still play at a high level and the chances of him finding that spot are incredibly low. But there's still a chance.

Would be crazy if the Ravens trade Lamar and end up kicking the tires on Cam. 

His last game in the NFL simply can't be for the Rhule Panthers. That's just sacrilegious. So for that alone I'm rooting for him. 

The other side of that is his last game was with the Rhule led Panthers. Behind that historically bad line. He just needs a Baker to the Rams stint when a QB inevitably goes down this year to prove that he's worth a 1 or 2 year hitch as a journeyman QB with some team. 

11 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

Hope he looks good and lands somewhere. Clearly has unfinished business and if he sticks somewhere he can leave the game on his terms.

Atlanta makes the most sense as a backup. 2 big targets TE Pitts and WR London. If he comes in as a backup he might can work his way into the starting position if he proves himself in training camp.

I still think his arm is done though as much as it pains me to say.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CamToPittsForSix said:

If we're being completely honest, the "..Cam is done.." crowd has to be really nervous w/ this news

It is possible that Cam goes to ATL w/ Pitts, London and makes his '15 look bad because that season he drug a rag tag offense to SB50

Is this a troll account or do you have some inside info on Cam going to Atlanta?