• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanbase Temperature Gauge: Who do you like and who do you want? (3/21/23)

Ricky Spanish

Who is the better QB prospect?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB prospect?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Both are equally good
  2. 2. Which QB do you WANT us to draft?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • I'm good with either
    • Chaos (Levis or Richardson)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

One of those QB's have a SB. You can say that about pretty much any QB in the league besides Mahomes. The elite QB's have weapons for the most part.

The only elite QB without talent around him on offense right now is Lamar Jackson. You need talent around you to win in this league no matter what.

Yeah Stafford won a SB on a team Youtubers put together on Madden. That roster was a complete outlier which is my point. You'd have to surround him with absurd talent to have a chance. What about the other decade of his career in Detroit? He also had the most dominant WR in history based on height/weight and what does the city of Detroit have to show for it? Jack squat.

Which QB has the most potential to be the next Pat Mahomes is what every team should be asking. If he doesn't have Pat Mahomes potential there is no point in drafting him, you are going to LOSE either way. Bryce Young has Mahomes potential. Strouds ceiling is a very good QB. We'll be going home in the divisional round year after year.

• Poo 2

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I know what you are saying--but hear me out--in part, I agree with every word.  David Carr, Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold, Blaine Gabbart, EJ Manual, Blake Bortles, etc. all had the size and the tools.  The real question was processing speed--they all seemed to struggle to go through their progressions and make a timely, accurate throw.  We know we have a QB who can do that in Young.  Do we in Stroud?  I would say there is a strong chance he can do it, just to a slightly lesser degree (or he was never asked to do it as Young was).  We know Young's size and his processing speed, for the most part--what we need to know is about Stroud.  If Stroud can come close to equalling Young, you take him.

I guess the great thing some good fb minds are gonna do some serious evaluating with both and weigh all the positives and negatives. Both had phenomenal stats and come from top notch programs.  We'll see!

17 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Its so funny, Michael Jordan fell in the draft because he was "only" 6'6 and 6'6 guys didn't dominate the league like the 7 footers at the time. Steph Curry was considered small and too skinny.

For the love of... Michael Jordan comp and a Steph Curry comp within one post!? Not even the pro Stroud or AR supporters are going this far.

season 7 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

For the love of... Michael Jordan comp and a Steph Curry comp within one post!? Not even the pro Stroud or AR supporters are going this far.

season 7 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I'm simply saying history has shown that passing over a guy because of his perceived size limitations has burned sport franchises in the past. If that is the *only* concern it is actually quite silly. 

1 hour ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

I'm simply saying history has shown that passing over a guy because of his perceived size limitations has burned sport franchises in the past. If that is the *only* concern it is actually quite silly. 

What if he was 5’8”, 150? I mean, where do we draw the line? 185-190 lbs is incredibly slight for an NFL QB, even if you can live with the height. 

11 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

What if he was 5’8”, 150? I mean, where do we draw the line? 185-190 lbs is incredibly slight for an NFL QB, even if you can live with the height. 

Well this is an extreme case of moving the goalposts but I'll play ball. Honestly if he was 5'8 150 defenses would have a difficult time locating him in the backfield. He would be more agile and able to evade pressure. If that hypothetical QB had the arm talent, IQ, and ability to lead as BY he would be worthy  a top pick. Look at Devonta Smith. He was "too small" too but it turns out being slight of frame is a benefit when everyone else is 6'2 220. The physics of the game are different for those players, and thats why smaller players can be extremely effective depending on the scheme. I will say it again, this is not 1974. You need Stephen Curry, Pat Mahomes type players to win championships. Those players do not dominate with size, they dominate with IQ and ridiculous talent, both of which BY has. BY will open the door for many >6 foot QBs because teams will see how much of a nightmare a guy can be when the defense can't see him, nevermind lay a hand on him. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

I'm speaking of each of thoses QBs inability to lift lesser talent when it matters the most. I could play WR for the Chiefs and Mahomes could make me look competent. Dak, Kirk and Stafford have all had to be carried by superior talent, and it still hasnt been enough to get them over the hump. You don't want to be stuck with that type of QB for 10 years. Its a waste of everybodys time. Go big (or small in this case) or go home.

So what tiny QB with gumption has won it with no talent?

1 hour ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Well this is an extreme case of moving the goalposts but I'll play ball. Honestly if he was 5'8 150 defenses would have a difficult time locating him in the backfield. He would be more agile and able to evade pressure. If that hypothetical QB had the arm talent, IQ, and ability to lead as BY he would be worthy  a top pick. Look at Devonta Smith. He was "too small" too but it turns out being slight of frame is a benefit when everyone else is 6'2 220. The physics of the game are different for those players, and thats why smaller players can be extremely effective depending on the scheme. I will say it again, this is not 1974. You need Stephen Curry, Pat Mahomes type players to win championships. Those players do not dominate with size, they dominate with IQ and ridiculous talent, both of which BY has. BY will open the door for many >6 foot QBs because teams will see how much of a nightmare a guy can be when the defense can't see him, nevermind lay a hand on him. 

If you can't see the QB. Wouldn't that mean he can't see you? 

• Pie 1