• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you want to do with pick #39?

CamWhoaaCam

4 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Yea I’m confused as well.

But what about the pro bowl top notch RB we just acquired to pair with our rookie qb. That seems like we’d be missing out on other needs to double up on running backs.

I think they honestly forgot we signed Miles Sanders lol

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I think they honestly forgot we signed Miles Sanders lol

I doubt it, I have come to find that 90% of Panthers fans are RB obsessed. Hell the majority of guys were ready to offer Foreman big money because he can fall forward for 3-4 yards. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

I doubt it, I have come to find that 90% of Panthers fans are RB obsessed. Hell the majority of guys were ready to offer Foreman big money because he can fall forward for 3-4 yards. 

I'd prefer to just sign an undrafted RB instead of wasting a pick on one.

As for 39, go with bolstering the lines, a pass catching TE to replace Thomas or Tremble, an LB, or corner. They just signed 2 WRs, so that's not as big of a need especially if TMJ and/or Smith take a leap forward in their 3rd years.

That said, I think they'll trade the pick to recoup some lost draft capital unless they feel there is a can't miss prospect sitting there.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

I'd prefer to just sign an undrafted RB instead of wasting a pick on one.

As for 39, go with bolstering the lines, a pass catching TE to replace Thomas or Tremble, an LB, or corner. They just signed 2 WRs, so that's not as big of a need especially if TMJ and/or Smith take a leap forward in their 3rd years.

That said, I think they'll trade the pick to recoup some lost draft capital unless they feel there is a can't miss prospect sitting there.

That is the best plan, we already have Sanders and brick hands Chuba. Get another cheap guy to throw in when needed, definitely dont blow our 2nd rounder on one, like wtf. Worst idea ever. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I think you have to take the best pass rusher or LB available. Unless a blue chip TE falls to us.

Offensively we don’t have have drastic needs. Our secondary is on paper pretty sound.  LB has some questions marks because we don’t know who will translate well to the 3-4. Same could be said of our d-lineman too. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I think you have to take the best pass rusher or LB available. Unless a blue chip TE falls to us.

Offensively we don’t have have drastic needs. Our secondary is on paper pretty sound.  LB has some questions marks because we don’t know who will translate well to the 3-4. Same could be said of our d-lineman too. 

Man if we can hit on another edge rusher opposite of Burns we are going to be a problem for any QB.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Man if we can hit on another edge rusher opposite of Burns we are going to be a problem for any QB.

Edge would be good but a bigger rush up the middle would be more impactful. Interior pressure is key to QB disruption and something we’ve lacked. Id like to see us get better at 39 there. Edge is deep this draft and i think we can get someone there who may not be as good as one at 39, but still better than YGM.

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

On 3/24/2023 at 9:24 PM, bobcat91 said:

Arkansas LB Drew Sanders

Mississippi State DB Emmanuel Forbes  if he drops that low. He is projected as a 1st by many

Not only can Drew fly in run coverage and blitzing, but with his size, he can close down throwing lanes.  It's like have an DE a few yards away from the line of scrimmage to bat down passes.  Man, with him, the defense's interception numbers would truly rise!