• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank you Derek Carr?

RenoCarolina

4 hours ago, t96 said:

I don’t think we were seriously interested in him at anywhere near the price he ultimately got. I think we were set on drafting a QB from day 1 of the offseason

Well day 1 of this off-season. Would’ve been nice to have that kind of conviction earlier and give up less for Herbert or stop winning meaningless games.

But Tepper sure is like hell trying to get that ‘good job’ from fans that he figured it all out despite most of it already being known, by even the biggest idiot arm chair owners on this forum.

Nevertheless it is finally happening the right way and way fans with a clue have been screaming about for 5/6 years while the franchise looked for cheat codes.

Finally excited for a season.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Well day 1 of this off-season. Would’ve been nice to have that kind of conviction earlier and give up less for Herbert or stop winning meaningless games.

But Tepper sure is like hell trying to get that ‘good job’ from fans that he figured it all out despite most of it already being known, by even the biggest idiot arm chair owners on this forum.

Nevertheless it is finally happening the right way and way fans with a clue have been screaming about for 5/6 years while the franchise looked for cheat codes.

"Well, isn't that special."

23 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I don’t know your Lamar Jackson fetish was up there 

Not even close!

I can't help it was the same 3 posters quoting me everyday about Lamar Jackson. Seems like the Lamar fetish was with other users.

I clearly said I would be fine with 3 options Lamar/Rodgers/Draft rookie top 4 QB's. For some reason people got mad I was defending Lamar and it turned into a everyday thing.

They made it seem like I was Lamar or bust which wasn't the case at all.

• Flames 1

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just glad we finally bit the bullet and understood that if you get spurned by the guys you actually want in FA, settling for second and third tier guys isn't a path to success. You gotta bite the bullet and draft a guy.

Funny because I was saying this in all the Carr threads and received heavy backlash...

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

It would have also been nice to have this kind of coaching staff when we had generational talents in Cam and Luke but that is neither here nor there. 

Tepper fuged up the first and second time around, first by trusting Hurney and second by trusting Rhule. He might have it figured out now in a shorter time than it has taken some owners. 

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just glad we finally bit the bullet and understood that if you get spurned by the guys you actually want in FA, settling for second and third tier guys isn't a path to success. You gotta bite the bullet and draft a guy.

Carr was never worth what he got paid. These FA contracts are getting ridiculous. 

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Carr was never worth what he got paid. These FA contracts are getting ridiculous. 

Carr was never worth discussion either. Still people was fighting hard for us to sign him.lol

9 years 1 playoff appearance. But it was his coaches and defense fault the entire 9 years. No other QB's gets this excuse. Saints enjoy that contract he's taking you nowhere of relevance.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Not even close!

I can't help it was the same 3 posters quoting me everyday about Lamar Jackson. Seems like the Lamar fetish was with other users.

I clearly said I would be fine with 3 options Lamar/Rodgers/Draft rookie top 4 QB's. For some reason people got mad I was defending Lamar and it turned into a everyday thing.

They made it seem like I was Lamar or bust which wasn't the case at all.

The topic was always about team building, and we disagreed drastically, especially about Lamar and Rodgers. Its all good. The sad part in all of this is how severely Lamar has hurt himself by not getting an agent. Going for a rookie QB has always been the best option as long as we didn’t ridiculously overpay, which we didn’t. Now it’s just a matter of getting it right.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Carr was never worth discussion either. Still people was fighting hard for us to sign him.lol

9 years 1 playoff appearance. But it was his coaches and defense fault the entire 9 years. No other QB's gets this excuse. Saints enjoy that contract he's taking you nowhere of relevance.

I always thought it was worth discussing if the terms were favorable and it gave a rookie QB a chance to transition similar to what Mahomes did. They weren’t even close to favorable, so yeah, we’re better off with him in NO. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The topic was always about team building, and we disagreed drastically, especially about Lamar and Rodgers. Its all good. The sad part in all of this is how severely Lamar has hurt himself by not getting an agent. Going for a rookie QB has always been the best option as long as we didn’t ridiculously overpay, which we didn’t. Now it’s just a matter of getting it right.

The sad part is I said I would be fine with the rookie QB route. But you had people follow me in different threads and bring up Lamar Jackson!

Im sorry but im not taking that heat on Lamar Jackson that was more about people that hated him. Those same people never debated me when I suggested the rookies or Rodgers. Everything was about Lamar...

It's done now so we can all move on. Just thought I would set the record straight on that matter.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Flames 1