• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King: Panthers have no interest in trading #1 pick

TheSpecialJuan

15 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Sheena was on pat mcafee show today saying she doesn’t think the panthers know who they are taking yet. 

I think that’s probably true. They won’t “decide anything until after all 30 visits are complete. They have zero reason to commit to anything yet. Is there a front runner? Probably. Are some of the staff split? Probably. The decision makers don’t have to make the decision yet…so they won’t.

23 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

To think Ohio State wanted our guys Corral and STROUD in their QB room and soon we'll have them both.

Jim Carey Reaction GIF

Not if someone comes along willing to offer a moldy ham sandwich for Corral.

Stroud isn't even on the roster right now and according to most isn't in the catbird seat to be our pick at #1 and he might still be more likely to be on our roster this year than Corral.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not if someone comes along willing to offer a moldy ham sandwich for Corral.

Stroud isn't even on the roster right now and according to most isn't in the catbird seat to be our pick at #1 and he might still be more likely to be on our roster this year than Corral.

Says you.

3 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Sources please?

Who Will Be The First Pick In The 2023 NFL Draft?

Curt Popejoy Draft Wire
March 27, 2023 2:59 pm ET

The 2023 NFL draft is just a month away and the Carolina Panthers are on the clock. At this point, it feels like a foregone conclusion the Panthers will draft one of the top quarterbacks but don’t think for one second if a good enough offer comes along, Carolina won’t take it.

If the Panthers stay put, Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud makes the most sense. He’s the most NFL-ready of this group and his measurables are elite. But if the Panthers chose to trade down a spot or two, all bets are off for that top pick.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

Who Will Be The First Pick In The 2023 NFL Draft?

Curt Popejoy Draft Wire
March 27, 2023 2:59 pm ET

The 2023 NFL draft is just a month away and the Carolina Panthers are on the clock. At this point, it feels like a foregone conclusion the Panthers will draft one of the top quarterbacks but don’t think for one second if a good enough offer comes along, Carolina won’t take it.

If the Panthers stay put, Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud makes the most sense. He’s the most NFL-ready of this group and his measurables are elite. But if the Panthers chose to trade down a spot or two, all bets are off for that top pick.

Exactly, we're NOT picking the smallest QB among this whole class.

THAT'S the bluff. Somebody tell @LinvilleGorge he thinks we're drafting Webster at #1.

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

If I was a betting man I'd clean up on Young dropping behind Levis and maybe even Richardson.

Skipping weigh ins, not throwing alongside the others?! That doesn't sound like the mentality of an NFL QB.

I smell lovely pink flaps.

Do you ever get tired of having the worst QB takes on the Huddle? 😂

Judging by how loud and proud you are of them, that's a resounding no.

49 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I don´t think they are going to trade it away. I am sure they are set on their guy. 

I think they all have had their minds set on someone since the combine.

It's just that they don't all have the same name in mind, but they are all sure that you can't go wrong here and that the move to #1 was the ONLY way to be sure to get the guy they all will want when they come to a consensus.

• Pie 1