• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newtons sources say its between Bryce Young and CJ Stroud

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I think it's easier to get someone to feel more comfortable with pressure and taking hits than it is to get someone to avoid contact.

Guys like Cam were impossible to get that thru their heads because they're just not wired that way, no matter how often you beat it into them, when push comes to shove, they're going to deliver or take the hit, like Josh Allen has a tendency to do.

If Stroud was blatantly afraid of contact it would be one thing, but a few instances here or there, that's not as much of a concern, especially as he grows older and gets more comfortable in the NFL.

I would love to say that. Though so often Stroud can get the first down with his legs, but doesn't. Or that he could make a throw, but hesitates, or sails the pass. I wish there were more games like the Peach Bowl. I wish there were more times on film that I actually see him take the hit and deliver.

Edited by Krovvy

4 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

I do wonder if they will announce before the draft?  It’s not like we need to put up a smokescreen 

No. The NFL wants to keep as much intrigue as possible. It very well may leak from credible sources (and those sources will he trashed by the factions that don't want that guy or really want someone else) but there will definitely be no announcement.

• Pie 1

On 3/30/2023 at 9:06 PM, Shocker said:

Just giving him his due.  He could have skipped the combine..*cough* like Young but didn’t.  He did all the drills and work while a very healthy Bryce Young stood around watching.  

I think Young was just following the Kylar Murray script of pigging out for 3 days to weigh in, and then not doing any combine drills because he was in no condition to do that.  They're about the same height.

• Pie 2