• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

2 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

21-4

24-3

6-7

i'm not all about caring that much about QB W-L records, but as a pretty objective just Panthers fan rooting for the Panthers to select the right dude at QB1, one of these things is not like the other.

This is to mostly ignore that asking 'what has (a heisman winner) won?" being an objectively ridiculous question. Comparing the 3 players performances against UGA is also a fair (something all of them have done) indicator to me, if we're also going to ignore consensus mock drafts/experts/majority of the huddle/literally everyone having a 1-2 of either Stroud/Young or Young/Stroud for argument's sake here.

There may not be a lot of QB consensus among our fanbase, but I personally don't think we're flipping a coin that starts with "there's a possibility here that in the future, AR15 could be as good as Young or Stroud!"

Well firstly, you have to look at recruiting classes - Ohio St, Alabama and Georgia are absolutely stacked - everyone else is playing for 4th place: 

We're talking about a QB going #1 overall - everyone has brought up Newton today. He dragged an Auburn team with (I think) 1 other first round pick on the roster to a National Championship.

Georgia just won back-to-back National Championships with a 25 year old walk on who's likely to get drafted on Day 3.

So yes I think it's worth discussing 'what have Stroud and Young won'? If they're worthy of the #1 overall pick, surely they've elevated their ridiculously stacked teams, right? More so than said 25 year old walk on?

With regards to your final point, I think there's a legitimate chance that Richardson completely eclipses Young and Stroud in the league.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Well firstly, you have to look at recruiting classes - Ohio St, Alabama and Georgia are absolutely stacked - everyone else is playing for 4th place: 

We're talking about a QB going #1 overall - everyone has brought up Newton today. He dragged an Auburn team with (I think) 1 other first round pick on the roster to a National Championship.

Georgia just won back-to-back National Championships with a 25 year old walk on who's likely to get drafted on Day 3.

So yes I think it's worth discussing 'what have Stroud and Young won'? If they're worthy of the #1 overall pick, surely they've elevated their ridiculously stacked teams, right? More so than said 25 year old walk on?

With regards to your final point, I think there's a legitimate chance that Richardson completely eclipses Young and Stroud in the league.

Ghosts Reaction GIF by CBS

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Florida is 12th on that list, for anyone who doesn't want to click it.  So I'm personally going to choose to not group their talent in with 2010 Auburn.  So yeah going 6-7 with the 12th best recruits around per your own point doesn't seem all that impressive, when, yes, in fact, Stroud and Young were elevating, or at the very least, winning 20+ games 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Richardson will be the pick. I think Fitterer wants Young and Reich wants a bigger guy. Stroud is not going to be Frank's choice.

I agree it is between Richardson and Young. But why do you think that Stroud, specifically, wouldn't be Frank's choice?

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

Hot take: if he comes here he completes over 65% of his passes and alleviates concern about his accuracy. 

But we should draft Stroud. 

During the Scheme videos McCown didn't seem particularly excited about having to devote a whole offseason to teaching someone QB 101 stuff. I think his footwork is gonna take a while, even then a lot of guys revert back to bad habits as soon as they're in a real game and the pressure and speed pick up. At least he's young enough for the right team to take their time 

2 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

I agree it is between Richardson and Young. But why do you think that Stroud, specifically, wouldn't be Frank's choice?

Because he's a system qb. Too much to rewire. And I don't want him so that's all you need to know.

Over It Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Plus, I'm pretty sure that Herbert, Peyton, Brady, and Mahomes never won anything. Neither did Brees. 

On the other hand, Matt Leinart and Vince Young won. So did Jameis Winston and Charlotte's own Chris Leak. In fact I remember Leak carving Ohio State up in the championship game like it was nothing...and then that's exactly what he ended up doing in the NFL...nothing.

Always thought leak got a raw deal in the NFL, guess he was too small