• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Graziano: People in the league believe Panthers drafting CJ Stroud

TheSpecialJuan

11 minutes ago, t96 said:

I saw something about the Texans beat seeming to think we're taking Young and they're gonna be "stuck with" Stroud... Not sure I buy it or that they know any more than us but I bet the Texans are trying very hard to get an idea of who we're taking. We also might be fooling them with smokescreens from the last few weeks.

I saw they brought Anderson in for a visit. 

I have this weird feeling that if we do take Young they might take Anderson. They could also trade back but at some point they’re going to need actual players and not just a bunch of draft picks

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

until he proves he can't, i'm going to assume that he will just as much as any other player. because no one has been able to show a correlation between smaller players and injury frequency or magnitude. 

I get it.

Lord knows his skill set is something else.

10 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

I'm on record as being ok with either of them.  But if I was a betting man, I don't think Tepper signed off on moving up and trading DJ just to take the safer pick (CJ). 

Rhule was a mistake, sure, but one multiple teams were ready to make.  Tepper flew down there and got his man.  This time it is evident he has learned from that fiasco and I do think he is taking a lot of advice from his new staff.  But when the final decision is made I am becoming more and more certain it will by Young.

Guys with brass balls don't take the safe pick.

I could see that if the safer pick here was a game manager.  Stroud is no scrub.  He is a sure fire multiple probowl QB.  Could Young be a once in a lifetime QB if you take that swing?  Yeah.  Yet with that said, I honestly see the same thing for Stroud.  If the safer pick has the ability to be Hall of Fame worthy, we call that a sure bet!!!

19 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I saw they brought Anderson in for a visit. 

I have this weird feeling that if we do take Young they might take Anderson. They could also trade back but at some point they’re going to need actual players and not just a bunch of draft picks

It's possible but I doubt they let Stroud or Young fall to Indy. Those 2 really should be 1 and 2, order is the question

10 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Stroud is no scrub.  He is a sure fire multiple probowl QB.

Wait A Second Season 1 GIF by Final Space

The guy hasn't even been drafted and you're claiming he's a sure fire multiple time probowl QB? Maybe set your expectations a little lower especially since he's not promised to be a Panther. Could he end up being that? Yes. Is he currently? Heck no

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Wait A Second Season 1 GIF by Final Space

The guy hasn't even been drafted and you're claiming he's a sure fire multiple time probowl QB? Maybe set your expectations a little lower especially since he's not promised to be a Panther. Could he end up being that? Yes. Is he currently? Heck no

I know, but it's the same for all the talent coming into the NFL.  Both Young and Stroud project to these things.  With Stroud being the "safer" pick, it also says he's the safer bet for multiple probowls.  I would say it's not a safer pick, but the sure bet.

1 minute ago, Matthias said:

I know, but it's the same for all the talent coming into the NFL.  Both Young and Stroud project to these things.  With Stroud being the "safer" pick, it also says he's the safer bet for multiple probowls.  I would say it's not a safer pick, but the sure bet.

There is no such thing as a sure bet when it comes to guys moving from college to the NFL. Plenty of "sure bets" or "can't miss" prospects have busted in the past.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

There is no such thing as a sure bet when it comes to guys moving from college to the NFL. Plenty of "sure bets" or "can't miss" prospects have busted in the past.

Of course.  Yet we know the pick will be between these two, and both project to great careers.  The sure bet comes in when you consider Stroud has the size and natural passing instinct.