• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young VS Stroud, the greatest Panthers debate ever?

GOAT

This has got to be the biggest debate, decision, discussion we've ever had in Panthers history.

Cam was a shoe in, Peppers was a shoe in at #1. 

Coaching hires? Nope.

GM hires? Nope.

New owner? Gotta be up there but idk.

Did Cam try to dive on the fumble? Should he have?

idk, is this the greatest debate in Panthers history?

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3

Just now, GOAT said:

This has got to be the biggest debate, decision, discussion we've ever had in Panthers history.

Cam was a shoe in, Peppers was a shoe in at #1. 

Coaching hires? Nope.

GM hires? Nope.

New owner? Gotta be up there but idk.

Did Cam try to dive on the fumble? Should he have?

idk, is this the greatest debate in Panthers history?

You're probably right. We have rarely had the #1 pick and it involves a QB decision. Does not get anymore impactful that that. 

• Pie 4

It actually makes me nervous because historically, whenever the Panthers have had a choice between two players they've tended to take the wrong one (Kerry Collins over Steve McNair, Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George, etc)

Of course, those were different Panthers organizations so I'm hoping this new version gets it right.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It actually makes me nervous because historically, whenever the Panthers have had a choice between two players they've tended to take the wrong one (Kerry Collins over Steve McNair, Tshimanga Biakabutuka over Eddie George, etc)

Of course, those were different Panthers organizations so I'm hoping this new version gets it right.

if any iteration of the panthers org/coaching staff should be trusted to make the decision, it's this one.

until i see otherwise...

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

I honestly don't understand the "debate" aspect. I get that people have preferences and want the Panthers to choose their preferred player, but how does "convincing" other people of what they should do factor in? What difference does it make? Who cares what other fans think in relation to your opinion? Why does it matter so much to so many of you that others here agree with you?

• Pie 6

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

For me i don't see much point in arguing or getting upset about it because, from where i'm standing, we win either way. 

I think there is some truth to that. 

Whoever we pick is going to look better than whoever Houston picks,  at least at first.  Our line, weapons, D and coaching look better  atm and our division looks worse than Houston's.   We're the 9th worst team in the league, not the 2nd worst. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

what's funny is the number of people who are pissed and offended and feel they need to retaliate if someone has the nerve to have a different opinion.

I have a preference. Plenty of folks here wouldn't like it. Here's the thing: I don't care. Makes absolutely zero difference to my life or fandom how many people or fans agree with me. Zero. Just don't get why people treat it like a friggin' cult and feel like they must evangelize everyone to their way of thinking. So weird. 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, rayzor said:

if any iteration of the panthers org/coaching staff should be trusted to make the decision, it's this one.

until i see otherwise...

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

I Believe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Prove Eric Andre GIF by Adult Swim

I'm willing to give them a chance to show me otherwise, but the Panthers will have to prove they're different this time instead of being just another version of what we've seen over the years. There has been too many bad decisions over the years regardless of staff and GM for me to blindly hope again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1