• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Behind the scenes in the front office

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I don't feel like we traded away our future. It feels like we invested in our future (acquiring a franchise QB) without giving up too much. The 2025 1st will hit when we're potentially one or two pieces away. We have a lot of our future locked up or looking good right now.

We gave up two first round picks, two second round picks and our WR1.

Y'all wouldn't shut the fug up about trading a second round pick for Darnold. C'mon now. 

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Y'all wouldn't shut the fug up about trading a second round pick for Darnold. C'mon now. 

Only one first rounder really since we got the #1 in return.

That, plus one of the second rounders we gave up was an extra.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The Darnold trade wasn’t the worst. Picking up the 5th year option before the draft was terrible. Passing on Fields because we have Darnold was pretty bad too, but that’s debatable since we got Horn and Fields still needs to develop more as a passer.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

If we find a franchise QB, adding the 2025 1st to the package we gave up would still easily be worth it. 

• Beer 2

On 4/4/2023 at 8:48 AM, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I think this article shows how much this front office was actually handicapped by Rhule. It very much does feel like Fitterer was Rhule's yes man. Now that Rhule is gone, Fitt can really work his magic and results have been pretty good so far. I have the utmost confidence in this new staff even compared to previous successful regimes. 

This was exactly what I thought. 

It also says a lot that Fitt didnt immediately try to grab all the power back himself as an over reaction. Fitt is going to be a good GM for us but ultimately his value will be earned these next 3 years as we try to compensate with out those high draft pics. 

• Pie 1

Great write up.

This is the first time in my life that I've felt pretty good about the trajectory of the Panthers.

We really seem to be building a team, and not just the 53 man roster.  Like how an owner should build a team if they didn't know what they were doing.  Not pointing any fingers here.....

Overpay for some of the very best Front Office personnel, who all have a relationship or get along well with each other. 

Trust them to select your coaching staff...once again, overpay.

Sit in your box 8 Sunday's per year, and another billionaires box the other 9.  Then, hope you get to sit in your box once again for the 9th home game that season, and possibly a 10th.

On 4/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, *FreeFua* said:

With the FO having done their QB evaluations prior to Reich and his staff arriving I’d assume they (the FO portion of this equation) moved up with the intention of taking Bryce. Peter King mentioned yesterday that McCown really liked Young as well. 

I still believe Vegas knows best and the odds are so in favor of Stroud that I have a hard time believing we end up with Bryce. It would have to be Reich that’s really driving the Stroud bus but King mentioned yesterday that Reich would go whichever way the majority did…

So I dunno

You bring up a good point about Vegas.  (Understand that I do not gamble so I have little knowledge of the meaning of odds--this is my perspective)----Vegas odds about public decision making--such as an election--are pretty accurate because the same group of people who are betting are influencing the outcome.  However, the odds represent public opinion--and how the bets are going--not reflective of an anticipated outcome to be determined by a third party.  Their job is to make money, not predict the future, in other words--the way I understand it.  Is the public opinion wrong on this one?  In this case, the people betting are not those influencing the outcome, but they are speculating on what the Panthers' front office will do.

Sharp football Analysis says this: "Stroud (QB, Ohio State) is predicted to be drafted #1 in the 2023 NFL Draft, with a 77.78% implied probability (-350)" 

Basically more than 3 of 4 bettors are going with Stroud.  Do I interpret that right?  Not a gambler, so I am assuming that is what is meant here.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1