• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I believe the pick will be AR-15

philw5289

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly think at this point we probably pretty much know if not outright know who our pick is going to be. Our front office and staff is just enjoying their time in the spotlight and toying with everyone. And the NFL absolutely wants this. The more intrigued there is going into draft day the better for their ratings and the media hype.

Yeah, this is probably the part where the business and marketing side is most at play, not the ridiculous notion that we would draft a QB #1 overall based on short term jersey sales. It benefits all involved to dangle this carrot of who will be the #1 pick as long as possible.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Smithers said:

The entire “he hit the ceiling” thing is so stupid.  The pro day commentators even said it was likely scripted because the other QBs also hit the ceiling, albeit with no real media coverage.  

People were actually saying Levis hitting the ceiling was a bad thing and somehow meant specifically that he didnt have a strong arm because he was throwing it so high.  Its amazing the spins people can put on thing based on what they want the results to mean.

• Pie 1

I like AR, but the physical tools are carrying him right now. He has 1.3 years of average QB tape to look at and it just does not line up with a top pick. Everyone wants to compare him with Newton, but the stats and eye test are not even in the same ball park. To me, he is just to risky for a number 1 overall pick.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, philw5289 said:

Honestly I’m good with any QB but knowing this organization I think we go Richardson. 

#1 the timing of the trade. We traded for the #1 pick shortly after the combine had wrapped up. Honestly Stroud and Young did their thing but everyone knows Richardson won the combine. It was also said he was the most impressive during interviews. The panthers observed all this and knew they wanted him so they made it official by offering DJ Moore as soon as they got back. 

#2 Tepper- tepper is a businessman and above everything else he wants to make money. Look at the turf field and the rock hill disaster. It’s the viral era. Richardson is doing backflips and throwing the ball at the ceiling. Yeah that’s whatever but it generates traction and social media views. He moves the needle. He’s the most exciting, he’ll bring the most fans and sell the most jerseys. 

#3 Our coaching staff. With all the experience our staff has i think they all believe that they can make any of these QBs work. Richardson has the highest ceiling and that will make them look the best when he works out. 

#4 The Josh McCown scouting video. He made all these videos with the underdog channel prior to getting the panthers job. The one breakdown not on there? AR-15. Rumors are that he made the video but does not want it released yet due to the fact that it will give away our pick. McCown feels confident in what Richardson brings. 

again this is all speculation but I feel like it’s not too far fetched. Regardless I love the position and I love debating this draft pick. This is a great time to be a panthers fan and I look forward to our future. Keep Pounding 

If you play on a granite surface like we do, the last thing you want to draft is a running qb.  It's the same reason why signing Lamar would be awful.  He will destroy his knee year one.

8 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

Fitterer “We don’t plan to have a high pick next year.” 

that does not mean drafting a three year project

Maybe the coach thinks he's an off-season, training camp project and because of all of his traits could start and actually compete while getting more games under his belt of which he has few.

Maybe Reich watched the tape, watched him at the combine, pro day and dinner and he sees a much much higher ceiling for AR-15 than even STROUD.

The truth is if that's the case I'm OK with it because as a Panthers fan I know exactly the advantage we had with Cam, this guy aside from game experience is a carbon copy, total Cam vibes.

His roof is the sky.

39 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

AR has come out and stated himself that it was done on purpose because Levis did it.

None of this guy’s points are any good and basically have nothing to do with real football, or reality in general for that matter.

Anytime somebody just throws out the statement that Richardson has “the highest ceiling” as if it is consensus truth, you know they are talking out of their ass. People act like you can just take any athlete and turn them into Peyton Manning in Cam Newton’s body. As if the only determining factor in being an elite passer and processor is coaching. It’s just not reality.

Yep - I’ve said many times that AR reminds me of Terrelle Pryor.  He won’t be in the NFL long 

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He's a Cam replacement if there ever was one and apparently they only come every thirteen years.

TD, Smitty seem to be on his train, or genuinely like the guy.

If coach is ok with AR, I won't be mad at him for choosing HIS guy.

Man, he’s nothing like Cam. He does not play up to his combine numbers and is crap throwing the football with 53% completion rate. He had like one good game in his whole career. Cam was the polar opposite. Cam played bigger and faster than his combine numbers. Ran like a horse, juked linemen out of their shoes, trucked LBs, and threw absolute darts on frozen ropes into tight windows with a high completion rate. Was a man amongst men in the SEC and absolutely dominated. AR is pure projection based on workouts in shorts with no translation to on field success at this point.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He's a Cam replacement if there ever was one and apparently they only come every thirteen years.

TD, Smitty seem to be on his train, or genuinely like the guy.

If coach is ok with AR, I won't be mad at him for choosing HIS guy.

Even during combined, AR passes were not great.  WRs had to slowdown to catch the deep ball.  And that’s with no pass rush and in shorts.  I bet AR first instinct will be to run in NFL.  I would love for him to succeed and prove me wrong but he might be just another The Golden Calf of Bristol. 

46 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Man, he’s nothing like Cam. He does not play up to his combine numbers and is crap throwing the football with 53% completion rate. He had like one good game in his whole career. Cam was the polar opposite. Cam played bigger and faster than his combine numbers. Ran like a horse, juked linemen out of their shoes, trucked LBs, and threw absolute darts on frozen ropes into tight windows with a high completion rate. Was a man amongst men in the SEC and absolutely dominated. AR is pure projection based on workouts in shorts with no translation to on field success at this point.

Cam ran a 4.54 if I remember correctly. I said he doesn't have Cams experience, so no,he isn't Cam.

AR ran a 4.4 and looks very much like Cam and what he did to folk as a runner. This guy is the closest you're going to get to another Cam in maybe another thirteen years.

Of course this guy isn't Cam but they've been gifted with all the same traits, size, weight, speed, elite cannon(a trainer said all time strongest), elite athlete. He could be Cam, he could be more than Cam. Take Cam and add a sprinkle more speed and agility and NOW a professional QB coach/HC that sees the second coming and wants the huge task as a coach to take the best arm to come out in a decade.

Sign me up, I don't care. Like I said here before, AR is a coaches dream and a singular reason for a GM to drink heavily.

Reich may feel he hasn't been coached to his potential. I get it.

Pete Carrol could get AR and use everything STROUD doesn't have and tame that arm/accuracy and he's got the best player in that draft by the end of the season.

Pete Carrol would then again be the genius. It could happen.

1 hour ago, Lame Duck said:

Even during combined, AR passes were not great.  WRs had to slowdown to catch the deep ball.  And that’s with no pass rush and in shorts.  I bet AR first instinct will be to run in NFL.  I would love for him to succeed and prove me wrong but he might be just another The Golden Calf of Bristol. 

His first instinct wasn’t even to run in college so that’s a weird statement. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Cam ran a 4.54 if I remember correctly. I said he doesn't have Cams experience, so no,he isn't Cam.

AR ran a 4.4 and looks very much like Cam and what he did to folk as a runner. This guy is the closest you're going to get to another Cam in maybe another thirteen years.

Of course this guy isn't Cam but they've been gifted with all the same traits, size, weight, speed, elite cannon(a trainer said all time strongest), elite athlete. He could be Cam, he could be more than Cam. Take Cam and add a sprinkle more speed and agility and NOW a professional QB coach/HC that sees the second coming and wants the huge task as a coach to take the best arm to come out in a decade.

Sign me up, I don't care. Like I said here before, AR is a coaches dream and a singular reason for a GM to drink heavily.

What do you mean by experience exactly? They’re both juniors with one year of D-1 starting experience. I think Richardson actually has more D-1 experience, since I’m pretty sure he started at least one game as a sophomore and played in a few. Cam had a year at the juco level, I’m not sure that’s worth a whole lot in the “experience” department.

The more I think about it 

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

What do you mean by experience exactly? They’re both juniors with one year of D-1 starting experience. I think Richardson actually has more D-1 experience, since I’m pretty sure he started at least one game as a sophomore and played in a few. Cam had a year at the juco level, I’m not sure that’s worth a whole lot in the “experience” department.

Cam because of his dad/brother was already a more seasoned prospect. Cam went to Florida first, then JUCO, then Auburn.

AR has like only 20 or so games iirc. I'll go look back, but thats not a lot of game experience, Levis has almost 40games under his belt.

At this point we know more about Levis.