• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I believe the pick will be AR-15

philw5289

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, his evaluation IMO comes completely down to what you think he has between the ears and how coachable he is because if he can adapt to the NFL from a playbook and reading a defense perspective and work on some technical flaws to become more consistent as a passer then he's gonna be the best NFL QB out of this class.

I think it's basically whether he wants it or not - which yes, will be determined by the interviews. You can see he already processes well and has excellent pocket presence for someone so inexperienced.

If I'm making the pick he's the guy - but I'm not so it'll be Bryce Stroud.  

That's Reich's problem, everyone else below #1 and #2 are salivating all over Richardson and if the Seahawks get him he could be legendary.

Stroud could be good but if all of a sudden AR is winning a SB dominating with Pete Carroll and we're doing just ok with STROUD?! I'm on the STROUD wagon but as a HC that is also an OC and former QB coach and former NFL QB, somebody telling me I can't make AR-15 a QB in this league sounds like a challenge!

challenge accepted training GIF

• Pie 1

@ForJimmythat was a great point. IF they draft AR will he get the legendary #1?!? That would be sooo spicy but probably not.

This is NC, soon to be home of permitless gun sales and 2nd amendment lovers in every crack and crevice.  Whooohooo!

I say f' em' they never loved us anyways make those AR-15 jerseys for freedom loving NC folk and take our line and this QB and run AR down their collective throats.

Don't tread on the Panthers! We tread on your face!

15 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That's Reich's problem, everyone else below #1 and #2 are salivating all over Richardson and if the Seahawks get him he could be legendary.

Stroud could be good but if all of a sudden AR is winning a SB dominating with Pete Carroll and we're doing just ok with STROUD?! I'm on the STROUD wagon but as a HC that is also an OC and former QB coach and former NFL QB, somebody telling me I can't make AR-15 a QB in this league sounds like a challenge!

Treating draft picks like a challenge is a good way to get yourself fired.

• Pie 3

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Treating draft picks like a challenge is a good way to get yourself fired.

Is that a bad thing, though? Imo one of the biggest selling points for AR is how he’s probably hitting on one end or the other. He’s either going to the moon or he’s maybe a career backup. If they took him, everyone in that building and their job is tied to developing him and making him successful. It’s not my life. And within two years you’ll probably know if you have something or not. I fear ending up with a Daniel Jones type way more than I fear ending up with a Zach Wilson. Like the Jets already know the guy they took is bad and they’re able to make new plans, the Giants just gave Danny huge money and no one on this planet thinks he’s capable of winning a SB.

All this being said, I’m definitely still taking Bryce and CJ before AR. But that’s part of the selling point for AR to me.

6 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Is that a bad thing, though? Imo one of the biggest selling points for AR is how he’s probably hitting on one end or the other. He’s either going to the moon or he’s maybe a career backup. If they took him, everyone in that building and their job is tied to developing him and making him successful. It’s not my life. And within two years you’ll probably know if you have something or not. I fear ending up with a Daniel Jones type way more than I fear ending up with a Zach Wilson. Like the Jets already know the guy they took is bad and they’re able to make new plans, the Giants just gave Danny huge money and no one on this planet thinks he’s capable of winning a SB.

All this being said, I’m definitely still taking Bryce and CJ before AR. But that’s part of the selling point for AR to me.

Fans like bold and ballsy.

I prefer smart and careful.

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

I hope it's up to Reich. I'd love for him to make this guy a home run.

I KNOW Pete Carroll can.

After seeing Russ in Denver and Geno in Seattle, Pete Carroll is quite obviously a QB whisperer. Maybe not on Andy Reid's level, but definitely damn good. Which is wild for a career defensive coach.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fans like bold and ballsy.

I prefer smart and careful.

30 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

If you prefer smart and careful then you must have hated the trade up to #1 overall. 

Don't worry. They're going to play it super safe and allow Marty to make the pick. Bijon Robinson or Jack Campbell come on down. You're the next Panthers' #1 pick!

Edited by jayboogieman
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Don't worry. They're going to play it super safe and allow Marty to make the pick. Bijon Robinson or Jack Campbell come on down. You're the next Panthers' #1 pick!

This actually made me mad. 😆 Dang you Marty Hurney. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, rippadonn said:

No, not taking chances will do that too. I like brass ball kind of moves. The spice of life. 

Depends on the situation and context..  Taking a chance when you have 2 better options to take sound stupid..