• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

Just now, Varking said:

I think there’s a difference between being very talented and playing on a talented team vs having that dawg in you. I don’t believe any of the top 4 QBs in this class have that dawg in them. 

Yeah I just assume the guys that even on the worst days can find a way to get it done have it, and generally in close games he was at his best, but thats my view on it.

Hard to quantify dawg so I cant really say anything but gut feel stuff.

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Kind of hard to say that about a Heisman winner. I've heard multiple players and coaches say the exact opposite. But, you have a right to your opinion.

Anyone claiming Young has that dawg in him, like he’s some first in, last out, busts his ass in the weight room and during film study is just being nice. 

• Beer 1

Just now, stan786 said:

Yeah I just assume the guys that even on the worst days can find a way to get it done have it, and generally in close games he was at his best, but thats my view on it.

Hard to quantify dawg so I cant really say anything but gut feel stuff.

A dawg to me is a killer. Like Kobe Bryant in the NBA. He was going to work hard in the weight room. He’s going to study harder. Practice harder. He could take over games. First in, last out types of guys. Not necessarily nice. 

I don’t think any of the kids in this class are dawgs. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What are you basing this on? Where have you heard about him not busting his ass off the field?

It kinda just sounds like you want him to be an asshole.

About Young not being a killer in the weight room? Look at him. World class facilities at Alabama and he had to fake water weight for the combine and wouldn’t reweigh at his pro day to show he could maintain that weight. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Calboyz13 said:

He isn’t mobile like Lamar and isn’t mobile like Pat mahomes either. But I get your comparison 

How isnt he mobile like Mahomes?  Mahomes ran in the 4.8s.  A lot of offenses run mostly shotgun and regardleed it was a decision Saban made that didnt really have anything to do with Young or his capabilities.   Just because he didnt take snaps under center doesnt mean it was because he couldnt or because he cant learn to.  People making a very big deal out of this are people who specifically want Stroud and are trying to find another knock on Young besides his size.  

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

About Young not being a killer in the weight room? Look at him. World class facilities at Alabama and he had to fake water weight for the combine and wouldn’t reweigh at his pro day to show he could maintain that weight. 

The dude is just slightly built. I doubt it has anything to do with him not working hard. Hell, porking up for the combine to weigh in 200+ then shedding it off for his pro day took work.

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

Anyone claiming Young has that dawg in him, like he’s some first in, last out, busts his ass in the weight room and during film study is just being nice. 

I mean Saban would often say Young would watch the film Sundays before the coaching staff even did it. Every report from teammates and staff have been nothing but glowing with how hard he worked everywhere. I feel like Young’s poise under pressure is my favorite thing about him, nothing phases him and he’s generally the the one making the kill shot. 

I don’t see what you have, I absolutely hate Alabama and the one thing I knew about them was Bryce wasn’t gonna ever stay down and watching him do what he did a week after a shoulder injury against us (Tennessee) will always have my respect. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The dude is just slightly built. I doubt it has anything to do with him not working hard. Hell, porking up for the combine to weigh in 200+ then shedding it off for his pro day took work.

Could be but you’re attempting to kill my fun poking the bears in this thread who are sensitive to anything negative about Young. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1