• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

And another with Young is that with someone with not ideal arm strength for a top pick he throws off his back foot A LOT. Remember Cam got destroyed for doing that when he first got here even with an elite arm. You dont hear it nowhere near as much about bryce.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The one thing all of those throws have in common is that he has plenty of time and plenty of room in a clean pocket to wind up and step into the throw. I don't know if he can go deep in the NFL with pressure in his face.

Stylistically, I get the Mahomes comparison. But the big difference is Mahomes doesn't require that time and space to step in and wind up to generate velocity and/or go deep.

Young can't do this.

Exactly.  There are clips on YouTube where this midget is getting 10 seconds to throw.  

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

Elite thinker, Elite under pressure, Elite Accuracy, I’m in.

I hope this place isn’t as miserable when we draft Young as it seems it might.

Oh, it's going to appear miserable due to the vocal minority, but most will approve.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The one thing all of those throws have in common is that he has plenty of time and plenty of room in a clean pocket to wind up and step into the throw. I don't know if he can go deep in the NFL with pressure in his face.

Stylistically, I get the Mahomes comparison. But the big difference is Mahomes doesn't require that time and space to step in and wind up to generate velocity and/or go deep.

Young can't do this.

tbf, very few players can. Stroud has a better arm than Young and he couldn't make that throw either IMO.  But he can make other throws that Young might struggle with to opposite siides of the field etc.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Young can't do this.

I’d never say he could do what Mahomes does arm strength wise. He’s got mahomes creation skills but yeah he’s not gonna sling bombs like that, but you don’t have to do that to succeed with what he does. People get hung up on aspects of comparisons. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Exactly.  There are clips on YouTube where this midget is getting 10 seconds to throw.  

I like him as a player. I really do. It's just that his fanboys calling him Mahomes lite don't seem to realize that he's Mahomes REALLY lite. There aren't many of Mahomes' highlights that Young can duplicate. He just doesn't have that level of arm talent. Yeah, he can generate velocity and go deep but he has to have the time and space to wind up and step into it.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If you're trying to suggest to me that Young has a problem with velocity and ball placement, I'm telling you that that's really not the case. 

Velocity is only a problem if you have bad ball placement. We will see what his arm looks like in the NFL soon enough.

Id be more worried that the scrambling he does in college leads to hard hits in the NFL more than his average arm causing him issues in the pros. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If you're trying to suggest to me that Young has a problem with velocity and ball placement, I'm telling you that that's really not the case. 

Where did this narrative come from that Young doesn’t have a good arm? I don’t see it watching him play whatsoever. Is it Levis/AR level? No…but I don’t think Stroud has much more velocity at all than Young does.

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Oh, it's going to appear miserable due to the vocal minority, but most will approve.

It’s just wild how many times the goal post can get moved. This argument started over the comment he’s got a noodle arm and can’t throw it over 40 yards, and now people are acting like we don’t understand Bryce’s flaws. 

• Pie 2

Just now, joemac said:

Where did this narrative come from that Young doesn’t have a good arm? I don’t see it watching him play whatsoever. Is it Levis/AR level? No…but I don’t think Stroud has much more velocity at all than Young does.

It came from...the Carolina Huddle.

• Flames 2

Just now, joemac said:

He would have had the weakest arm at the combine of all the big four and I think Stetson would have had better velocity as well. Young’s arm isn’t Clausen or Dorsey bad but his arm will be in the bottom half of nfl starters once he’s drafted. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

tbf, very few players can. Stroud has a better arm than Young and he couldn't make that throw either IMO.  But he can make other throws that Young might struggle with to opposite siides of the field etc.

Anthony Richardson can 😉

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by Nick Kroll

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I’d never say he could do what Mahomes does arm strength wise. He’s got mahomes creation skills but yeah he’s not gonna sling bombs like that, but you don’t have to do that to succeed with what he does. People get hung up on aspects of comparisons. 

That's what makes Mahomes special though. Without his hose I'm not sure if Mahomes' game works. That's my concern with Young outside of the obvious size concerns.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

It’s just wild how many times the goal post can get moved. This argument started over the comment he’s got a noodle arm and can’t throw it over 40 yards, and now people are acting like we don’t understand Bryce’s flaws. 

If Bryce couldn't throw it over 40 yards (legitimately, proficiently, efficiently, smoothly, etc.) I wouldn't want him. Hell, who would? He wouldn't be a round 1 draft prospect, much less a number one prospect. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that fact is just as disingenuous as the Pilgrims giving blankets to the American Indian.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1