• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dane Brugler's 2023 Draft Guide a.k.a. "The Beast"

Icege

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Both Young and Stroud don't have a 40 listed. Obviously they aren't true competitors and therefor, undraftable. 

This is why, in my heart, I knew that the move to #1 was to take Max Duggan. 😤

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

This is probably the most comprehensive draft piece put together.  It's basically a 300+ page scouting booklet.  Brugler has had decent connections over the years and does have an ear on scout preferences so I'm a fan of his.  This could help give insight to guys that may surprise come selection timing on draft day.  

I don't want to just paste the paid content but figure to share notable highlights:

Notables:

Bryce is #1 Overall, CJ is #4, Richardson & Levis in the teens

WR: 1. Smith-Njigba (18 overall) | 2. Addison (25 overall) | 3. Hyatt (31 overall) | 4. Flowers (32 overall)

49 Overall, QB5 Hendon Hooker

Kancey & Van Ness hype is real -- teams are sold on those two

The smaller CBs Turner & Forbes are ahead of Smith & Stevenson at CB all Round 2 grades

Higher Than Typically Projected:

5 Overall, CB1 Christian Gonzalez Oregon

48 Overall, WR7 Tyler Scott Cinci

51 Overall, TE5 Tucker Kraft SDSU

58 Overall, EDGE10 Derick Hall Auburn

72 Overall, EDGE12 YaYa Diaby Louisville

Lower Than Typically Projected:

34 Overall, WR5, Quentin Johnston TCU

62 Overall, OT6 Dawand Jones OSU

68 Overall, DT7 Adetomiwa Adebawore Northwestern - There's been hype but he isn't as high as I thought

The guys that are in our range, consistently showing to be in our range elsewhere:

33 BJ Ojulari EDGE, 38 Trenton Simpson LB, 39 Mazi Smith DT, 41 Josh Downs WR

• Pie 5

I say this every year, but if you enjoy draft coverage I highly encourage purchasing a subscription to the Athletic for the beast alone. It is so comprehensive, it's the closet things fans will get to an actual NFL draft book. 

It is accessible to both casual and hard core fans. 

It's great when we draft a random lineman from Arkansas in the fourth round, while the huddle is losing their fuging mind you can pop into the draft guide and see that Dane had him ranked as a 2nd to 3rd round talent, with elite athleticism and upside. Then you can hit your cigar and laugh like a cartoonish villain while still shitposting on the huddle

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I say this every year, but if you enjoy draft coverage I highly encourage purchasing a subscription to the Athletic for the beast alone. It is so comprehensive, it's the closet things fans will get to an actual NFL draft book. 

It is accessible to both casual and hard core fans. 

It's great when we draft a random lineman from Arkansas in the fourth round, while the huddle is losing their fuging mind you can pop into the draft guide and see that Dane had him ranked as a 2nd to 3rd round talent, with elite athleticism and upside. Then you can hit your cigar and laugh like a cartoonish villain while still shitposting on the huddle

Athletic is totally worth it and is like a la croix per month.  Also love Robert Mays' podcast.  The only decent Football show along with ThatFranchiseGuy on YT.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Athletic is totally worth it and is like a la croix per month.  Also love Robert Mays' podcast.  The only decent Football show along with ThatFranchiseGuy on YT.  

I am a huge Mays fan and can I take this opportunity to add. I absolutely love that his main running mate now is Nate Tice. They are fantastic together and such a joy to listen to. 

I've followed Mays since Grantland and I can not express how much better Nate Tice is than fuging Kevin fuging Clark. It was impossible to listen to his podcast because it was just Kevin constantly interrupting Mays to criticize or belittle his take. 

Something I find pretty interesting is the shear volume of EDGE & CBs graded as 2nd-4th rounders.   There's a lot.  

At EDGE, Nick Hampton, Isaiah McGuire, Byron Young & KJ Henry all seem quite interesting.  Really like McGuire.  That first pick in R4 could have some nice players available.  

Garrett Williams and Darius Rush are a few of the CBs with some nice write-ups.    

• Pie 3