• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday Ticket pricing for YouTube announced

PanthersATL

I moved back in 2013 as a diehard fan, I had absolutely no worries about watching the Panthers, naively thinking "I'm sure there's some way to just pay for games!" 

I was stuck going to bars (which was actually kind of fun) or having to watch a delayed stream with "20 girls in my city interested in me" popping up every 20 minutes lol.

I just can't believe they don't have some Premium game package, or a 'My Team' style package. I guess it just depends for them, is it a better business model to get 1 person paying $300 or 20 people paying $15?

The NFL dictates the terms of the package requiring the full slate of games.  Main thing is they don't want to impact the network packages.

Yeah, I'd love a team package too, but its still less expensive than buying food/drinks at the bar for the games that aren't carried locally 

Which makes me wonder, since Dallas is almost always broadcast nationally, those fans must be saving a ton of Sunday Ticket money

2 hours ago, joemac said:

I really, really, really wish they would agree to some kinda ala carte type situation, where you can purchase individual games, or subscribe just to one team or one division.  I have DirecTV for the express purpose of getting the Ticket so I can watch the Panthers here in Texas.  Guess now I have to cancel that and go with YouTube, which I tried before and kinda hated it.  SMH.  I'd gladly pay 10 bucks a week or something just for the Panthers game. 

The powers that be know how easy it is to exploit people for the maximum return, and they have no hesitation about doing just that. But you don't have to play their games.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

thanks, that sucks though, would like at least 4

I wonder if they will finally let you select the games you can have on one screen

If you add the 4k package you get unlimited number of active streams. I think it is $4-$5 per month. 

Edited by ChuckWag78
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

Prices start at $349/season, with $100 discounts if you you sign up before June 6th.

(Basically, there are prices WITH RedZone, and WITHOUT RedZone -- and prices WITH YouTubeTV and Without)

It'll be $100 less per season if you have YouTube TV.

For someone without YouTube TV and interested in RedZone, you'll be paying $449/season 

source: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/11/youtube-tv-nfl-sunday-ticket-subscription-pricing.html

Do they mention anything about student discounts?

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Doesn't look like it, per the NFL press release (which that article references)

Sounds like the new "EverPass Media" is going to be the Commercial side of Sunday Ticket distribution, with YouTube being the Consumer side.    

...which will hold the exclusive rights to distribute NFL Sunday Ticket to bars, restaurants, hotels and other commercial venues in the United States starting with the 2023 NFL season.

To me, the interesting piece was this:

Going forward, the service will be available on a non-exclusive basis through all participating cable and satellite providers.