• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It would make sense if we prefer Young, but are sold on both (which is kind of seems like we are).  Depending on the compensation it could be worth it for us to take the other guy plus the draft capital.

I got it but it still doesnt make sense.  We would trade to 1 only to go to 2 for one pick and the second best qb?   Nah it doesnt make sense.  What are folks thinking the texans would actually give us for 1?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I look at it like this...

If they traded up for the #1 pick they obviously had a specific QB they really wanted. You just don't trade to the top and not be certain who your QB is.

I think it's becoming more clear by the day that Bryce Young will be our QB.

I think that's exactly what they did.

They wanted to get into the QB conversation.

8 minutes ago, rodeo said:

there's always a chance the guy we want falls getting out of the shower or they find something gross on his laptop before the draft

^This 100 percent... don't promise someone the pick and then have to back out because something completely unforeseen happens. 

Let it be known a couple of days in advance of the draft and shift the attention to Houston. Until then, our name keeps being brought up on all sports channels, websites and twitter feeds. It's good, free public relations.

• Pie 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I got it but it still doesnt make sense.  We would trade to 1 only to go to 2 for one pick and the second best qb?   Nah it doesnt make sense.  What are folks thinking the texans would actually give us for 1?

Right now the reports are saying there are people in Carolina's camp that like both.  Say we are 55% Young and 45% Stroud.  Pick 33 may be enough to say yeah Stroud plus pick 33 > Young.  Maybe Houston thinks pick 33 is worth it to make sure they get the QB they want if they have a lot higher grade on Young than Stroud.  

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Stroud fans just won’t show up. Having fans show up with Stroud/Levis/AR signs would not be the best look. 

I get what they are doing. It seems most of these Bryce to CAR stuff is coming from Mortensen and King types. The old trusted guard. 

Are they not going to show up on Sundays too?

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who says we would get the second best qb at 2?  No two nfl team boards are alike.  The fact that 50% like Young and 50% like Stroud is a solid clue.  The panthers may have these guys ranked the same.  Why not get a little extra compensation if available?