• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

6 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

How is he like Skip Bayless? Simms is thoughtful when he has a take. He explains it. 

Gotta get past this “if you disagree with me you are a moron” culture. 

Dude is clueless who just throws crap at the wall and sees if it sticks.

Saying Will Anderson will be the 5th Edge rusher off the board is the perfect example

Or that Zach Wilson is clearly better by a margin than Trevor Lawerence 

Or Jayce Horn not even one of the top 5 CBs in his draft class, then he was the 1st defensive player off the board

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

23 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

bunch of stroud bois getting upset

I really haven't seen any rabid Stroud guys here. But you me and any other Panthers fan better hope CJ and Richardson are mid at best because the comparisons aren't going anywhere. Hopefully Young is everything some folks are hyping. Because if not? Whew buddy!

Here's to hoping 🤞

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Dude is clueless who just throws crap at the wall and sees if it sticks.

Saying Will Anderson will be the 5th Edge rusher off the board is the perfect example

Or that Zach Wilson is clearly better by a margin than Trevor Lawerence 

Or Jayce Horn not even one of the top 5 CBs in his draft class, then he was the 1st defensive player off the board

I haven’t heard the Will Anderson take yet, but the others you mentioned, he explained why he thought the way he did thoroughly. Doesn’t mean he ended up correct, but just like anyone, he gets some right and some wrong. 

Saying he’s like skip bayless, or that he’s a moron, or that he’s clueless…well that’s exaggeration and sounds emotional. Ironically moronic and clueless. 

I take it he has a different opinion than you, and you don’t like it. 

And if you like Young, he doesn’t even dislike Young. He has him as his second best QB in the damn draft. He even said in that clip that he is worthy of #1. He just likes Stroud more. Not having a guy #1, and criticizing a player doesn’t mean he hates the guy. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Link please?   Why do people keep saying this?

https://www.houstontexans.com/news/young-the-choice-for-texans-at-2-overall-mock-draft-roundup-5-0

Young the choice for Texans at 2 overall? | Mock Draft Roundup, 5.0

Apr 03, 2023 at 12:22 PM

Bryce Young is still the most-mocked player to the Texans at second overall in this year's NFL Draft.

With 24 days until the Draft begins in Kansas City, the latest round of mock drafts still have the 2021 Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback headed to Houston. The Alabama quarterback was mocked to Houston on 34 of the 45 (75.6%) more prominent mock drafts surveyed by HoustonTexans.com. Two weeks ago, Young was also the choice at two overall. We will release the Mock Draft Roundup for the 12th overall pick tomorrow.

Young appeared in 34 games for the Crimson Tide the last three seasons and threw 80 touchdowns to just 12 interceptions in that span.

Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud was projected as the Texans' second overall pick in 10 (22.2%) different mock drafts. Stroud played in 26 games the past three seasons, tossing 85 touchdowns and 12 picks.

Edited by KatsAzz

18 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I haven’t heard the Will Anderson take yet, but the others you mentioned, he explained why he thought the way he did thoroughly. Doesn’t mean he ended up correct, but just like anyone, he gets some right and some wrong. 

Saying he’s like skip bayless, or that he’s a moron, or that he’s clueless…well that’s exaggeration and sounds emotional. Ironically moronic and clueless. 

I take it he has a different opinion than you, and you don’t like it. 

And if you like Young, he doesn’t even dislike Young. He has him as his second best QB in the damn draft. He even said in that clip that he is worthy of #1. He just likes Stroud more. Not having a guy #1, and criticizing a player doesn’t mean he hates the guy. 

Just because he tries to explain himself doesn’t mean it’s logically.

Skip explains his arguments too.  
And he Does get a few right.  But you throw up enough poo at the wall.  1-2 will stick sometimes. 

You can call Simms whatever, I remember he does have a background as a pro QB. I bet most old school pro QBs will have some doubts as far as that goes. 

But in today's world, how does anyone know those guys don't get together and say okay you argue for this guy I will argue for the other guy? Are you really still giving these people who work in Show Business cred? Like, they are trustworthy to always say what they think? You will be constantly let down.

You can't be on TV or whatever, any platform that operates on an entertainment value system, unless you play the game. It is lying season for those people, 52 weeks per. They are truly the sellouts of our society. 

So just look at football, not their ratings, clicks, etc.

As far as who to draft...

If you really believe the NFL is no more difficult than the SEC, Bryce is your man.

• Poo 1

40 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Just because he tries to explain himself doesn’t mean it’s logically.

Skip explains his arguments too.  
And he Does get a few right.  But you throw up enough poo at the wall.  1-2 will stick sometimes. 

0:35 is not an entire breakdown but I’ll listen to the podcast tomorrow and see more about what he’s saying. 

Have to hear the total context. 

Regarding “logic”…we are dealing with opinions here. Anything can be argued as logical or illogical in the realm of ideas.

And I still don’t get the Skip Bayless thing. He and Skip, aside from talking sports on camera, do wildly different things. It’s a different format. Skip is more of an actor playing a role (as is Shannon and Steven A. before that). 

Simms is more a guy just giving opinion in an entertaining format.