• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steven Drummond resigns

Mr. Scot

19 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

He really stuck around for a while.  Has to be one of the few remaining FO guys still in house from prime Hurney/Fox.  

I get the sense that things are moving toward a much more Fitterer / Reich centered operation.

Might not be the last change we see...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

22 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Why did Joe feel the need to point out the color of his skin? 

I thought that was weird also.  I know their has to be a sensitivity to the organization's commitment to racial diversity, especially due to passing over Wilks for Reich.  And it sounds like Drummond is on the ball enough to realize he was no longer in the future plans so kudo's to him for recognizing that and moving on.  Best of luck to him.

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Why did Joe feel the need to point out the color of his skin? 

Because there is a lack of representation in NFL leadership despite a majority of the league being black and the Panthers were just recently in the spotlight with this issue during the Wilks' saga.

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Because there is a lack of representation in NFL leadership despite a majority of the league being black and the Panthers were just recently in the spotlight with this issue during the Wilks' saga.

There were some accusations thrown at Tepper over Wilks, which likely is why this gets mentioned.

Regarding Drummond, what's more relevant to me is he's one of the last few front office types that was here under Richardson.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regarding Drummond, what's more relevant to me is he's one of the last few front office types that was here under Richardson.

Was genuinely surprised to see the resignation considering how he's moved up within the org during both regimes.