• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on Panthers #1 pick (no trade back)

TheSpecialJuan

I just don't believe the hype. This is media driven for Young. This group of coaches are not going to risk their jobs for what would be the smallest Qb in the league. One bad decision thinking he can get away from a D lineman or linebacker and he is out with an injury. He will not have the time he did in college to throw. Young is not even built frame wise like Murray or Wilson.

It's Stroud all the way. 

I am a devoted Panther fan and have been since 1995, so I will support whatever decision. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Are you psychic? I mean how the fug would you know that? He handled pressure in college, from NFL prospects just fine. So I'm not sure where this is coming from unless you've seen the future.

Or are you....from the future???? Nah. I've read your past takes from all over Panthers sites.

It's all over his College tape. 

Also I've no idea why people have to be such dicks on here - grow the fug up.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Thompcat said:

I just don't believe the hype. This is media driven for Young. This group of coaches are not going to risk their jobs for what would be the smallest Qb in the league. One bad decision thinking he can get away from a D lineman or linebacker and he is out with an injury. He will not have the time he did in college to throw. Young is not even built frame wise like Murray or Wilson.

It's Stroud all the way. 

I am a devoted Panther fan and have been since 1995, so I will support whatever decision. 

Just playing Devil's Advocate here....but if the current Young hype is media driven then what was the Stroud hype that happened after the trade up? Because some of the same media that was leaning into the Stroud talk are doing the same thing with Young. Just throwing it out there. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I have to watch this poo though. 

These guys have a poo ton of experience. Let them pick. If they're wrong, fire them. Not like we haven't suffered through plenty of suck before.

If this whole thing flops though, my confidence in Tepper has officially hit absolute zero.

• Pie 1

I like Darnell Washington TE from Georgia at no. 39 I think he instantly replaces Ian Thomas and Tommy Tremble in being our inline blocker, a serious red zone threat, and potential to develop as a pass catcher but can come along slowly as Hayden Hurst fulfills that role. Washington blocking is rated so good that if he doesn't develop at TE, could be converted to RT. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

Did Frank Reich say it? Did Scott Fitterer say it? Did Thomas Brown say it? Did Josh Mccown say it? Did Jim Caldwell say it? No? Then I don’t believe it.

Thomas Brown pretty much did say it during his intro presser. He literally described Bryce Young (without mentioning his name) as the type of quarterback he wants for his offense.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Just playing Devil's Advocate here....but if the current Young hype is media driven then what was the Stroud hype that happened after the trade up? Because some of the same media that was leaning into the Stroud talk are doing the same thing with Young. Just throwing it out there. 

Exactly - how is it far fetched that we traded up for the best QB in this draft. 

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

They're the Houston Texans, bud. 

Yet their coach is a defensive guy and their GM might be also (coming from NE). If there was a concern about his size they'd know first because they'd know how they'd gameplan against him, and if he will be knocked out by NFL defenses.

They're also the team that preferred Brock Osweiler because of his size too...maybe they've learned their lesson as a franchise. Ironically Bill O'Brien preferred Osweiler...and later coached Young. Would be interesting to hear his opinion.