• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miles Bridges Suspended

Prowler2k18

From The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/4413024/2023/04/14/hornets-miles-bridges-suspension/?source=user_shared_article

Hornets forward Miles Bridges was suspended for 30 games by the NBA on Friday as a result of a domestic violence incident involving the mother of his children, the league announced. Here’s what you need to know:

• Twenty games of the suspension are already considered served from 2022-23, meaning Bridges has 10 games remaining on the suspension whenever he is signed and available to play.
  • Bridges, a restricted free agent, was arrested on June 29 and later charged with one felony count of injuring a child’s parent and two felony counts of child abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to cause great bodily injury or death.
  • He pleaded no contest to a felony domestic violence charge in November and faces three years of probation and no jail time as part of a deal with prosecutors.
  • Bridges did not play in 2022-23.

12 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

How are they giving him 20 games? It wasn’t like he was on a roster and sat out… no one signed the guy. He’s essentially only receiving a 10 game suspension once someone inevitably signs him.

Don’t worry. Our beloved Hornets will sign him. The fugery that is our franchise 

• Flames 1

This is his first strike I believe, I hate DV more than anyone but when this happens AGAIN in Charlotte BEFORE another major contract extension it's kind of suspicious like the GH situation.

This is his chance. If he f's up it's completely over for him but all of us deserve that second chance. I've been wrongly accused by a woman because she gained benefits and child support from her lying. It took twelve years in and out of court (paternity test)and her daughter calling Jeremy Kyle for her to finally miraculously find her real father.

All that to say. People lie, especially where money is involved. Yes, that makes them less evolved but they'll hide it till the end.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

This is his first strike I believe, I hate DV more than anyone but when this happens AGAIN in Charlotte BEFORE another major contract extension it's kind of suspicious like the GH situation.

This is his chance. If he f's up it's completely over for him but all of us deserve that second chance. I've been wrongly accused by a woman because she gained benefits and child support from her lying. It took twelve years in and out of court (paternity test)and her daughter calling Jeremy Kyle for her to finally miraculously find her real father.

All that to say. People lie, especially where money is involved. Yes, that makes them less evolved but they'll hide it till the end.

I’m sure ol girl wasn’t a saint in the situation but the kid describing Miles beating his mom was enough for me man. Short of self defense (and we would have heard it by now if that was the case) there’s just no excuse for that anyway you look at it. I don’t think he should spend life in prison or anything but any respect I had for the guy is gone. 

At the very least I need him to show some remorse for what he put the team through, if not his damn family. If they try to slide him back in quietly I can’t support that.

Edited by MechaZain

15 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Your turn a blind eye view of these types of situations is the reason people end up dead.  He beat that woman to a pulp in front of his kids.  Stop defending this behavior 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

On 4/15/2023 at 8:41 AM, MechaZain said:

I’m sure ol girl wasn’t a saint in the situation but the kid describing Miles beating his mom was enough for me man. Short of self defense (and we would have heard it by now if that was the case) there’s just no excuse for that anyway you look at it. I don’t think he should spend life in prison or anything but any respect I had for the guy is gone. 

At the very least I need him to show some remorse for what he put the team through, if not his damn family. If they try to slide him back in quietly I can’t support that.

like many dvs, both were at fault.....big time on both. this wasnt a 80/20 deal either, more like 100/83....

nba is sooo weak and drunk on their ego, terrible leadership, about as bad as the hornets leaders.....

On 4/15/2023 at 7:14 AM, rippadonn said:

Dude.  I'm sorry you went through that.  Going through similar situation with my son's mother, so I know the mental and physical toll that took on you.  Glad you are on the other side of things now.

And while I agree most people deserve a second chance, that second chance shouldn't be tens of millions of dollars and the privilege to play in the NBA.  Let him go get a normal job and have to explain / be remorseful for his actions.  And the photos of his girl prove out his guilt, I'd maybe be less hard on him if this was just a woman's word, because as you said and we've both experienced, people will lie to gain leverage. 

Edited by JVic
  • Beer 1

He will sign here because he’s tight with Melo and if they don’t win next season or at least show massive improvement then Melo is gone. Miles will no doubt have his best season. If we are lucky enough to get the 1st or 2nd and Mark Williams develops in the off-season that could be a low seed or play in team. Tons of bench depth. They might actually win a few if they fire Clifford.