• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Sheena Quick the most reliable reporter when it comes to Panthers news?

CamWhoaaCam

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean people are wanting these reporters to leak things teams don’t want leaked. That’s not happening…

I think that people have some unrealistic expectations regarding sports reporters. Obviously some people seem to think that these reporters are investigative journalists.

• Pie 5

Funny, you never know about sources.  There was once a reporter in my hometown who broke political scandal after scandal.  When she retired, she told me her sources (1 source was all she had) --I thought, "someone in politics--high up." Nope.  She said her friend was a waitress at this place everyone used to go for lunch because of its location.  There were back rooms and private corners, but she would overhear conversations all the time.  They treated her like she was a nobody, assuming that she was a simpleton who was disinterested in their discussions.  Actually, she was a parent of children in the school system, and much of the dirt she would hear was about the board of education politicizing the schools and its finances (budgets for building maintenance--politically-appointed principals, etc.)  That waitress provided information that caused the NC School Board in Raleigh to dissolve that school district and force a merger into the larger county district in which it was located. 

She understood the political circles and the players in each, so when she saw certain combinations of people, she knew to pay attention.  I wonder if these reporters make connections like that? 

Of course, I recall the Richardson "Pie Chart" presser, during which the Panther former owner hit on Morgan Foherty (sp?) and seemed to get frustrated with Darin Gantt.  A week later (or so), Gantt was taken off Panther duty and assigned women's volleyball at Winthrop.  So maybe they are scared.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I think that people have some unrealistic expectations regarding sports reporters. Obviously some people seem to think that these reporters are investigative journalists.

I would like them to ask interesting questions about football instead of constantly trying to be the one to break a story or pry something out they already know won't happen for a headline. Occasionally you will see a question asked that the person being asked lights up about. There's potential to create good content if they try. One could easily corner the market on good journalism if they put less effort in to twitter.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Insightful work, news maybe every now and then. Not baseless conjecture and puff pieces.  And especially not rumor based on their “sources” in the grounds crew…basically I’d prefer something that is rare these days: journalists rather than bloggers.  Would be great if we had a Mary Kay Cabot, but not many teams do. 

Not sure if you have the Athletic or not, but Joe P is actually great and offers a lot of insightful writing. 

• Pie 1

All reporters are the same, or are worse. No ONE reporter out there has super insider secrets. And if they did, they aren't telling us anything. All we can ask for is that they write in complete sentences and know how to spell as they "break" news we'll find it anyway 24 hrs later or less.

3 hours ago, csx said:

There are some boys here who have real issues with females. That's become apparent. 

Like ...

2 hours ago, Mills said:

Sheena is SO damn sexy. No issues here

This.

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Amen to that brother!

This.

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I was following her for other reasons.

And this.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Where did she come from? How did she get connections to the team.

I know Jones, Person, Williams and Newton are the ones that have been around a while now.

I’ve covered this team for 7 seasons as a credentialed member of the media. Ellis came in October of 2021 and Jones hasn’t been on the beat in several years. Where have you been?

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Yeah, I listen almost every weekday cause theres nothing else on the radio in the work van. She mightve changed after all the hirings, but right after it was known Wilkes wasnt going to be hired, she did. Unless there is another female panthers beat writer Im getting her confused with. It wasnt Brownlow. 

You’re mistaken. I’m not on local radio ☺️

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

She appears on the Adam Gold show sometimes. She accused David Tepper of being racist after not hiring Steve Wilkes and also was part of the collusion crowd for us not wanting Lamar Jackson. All of our beat writers are pretty poo.

Three lies. I’ve never been on that show ever. Nor have I ever called Tepper racist - I’m on record saying the exact opposite as a matter of fact. Also never said anything about collusion. You’re entitled to your opinion about me, but don’t flat out lie 🙄.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2