• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How the Top QB's performed when faced with pressure..

Just now, frankw said:

Realistically with as much some folks down Stroud he will need to be mid at best or an outright bust to justify the slander. Regardless these two will have their careers connected for the next several years. Good luck to both.

Who is downing Stroud? I have seen everyone pretty much praising him. 

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Who is downing Stroud? I have seen everyone pretty much praising him. 

One of the main Bryce Young avatar guys posted Stroud's lowlights a few days ago. There's been some definite tomfoolery all around.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 4/15/2023 at 2:00 PM, poundaway said:

It gets old.

Here's some of Stroud's holding the ball too long and throwing the int.  Just in reply to the anti Young crap.  I guess the Mods are just going to let that stan go on forever.

Sigh.

On 4/15/2023 at 1:34 PM, poundaway said:

Yes.  Yes he does.

And the analysis shows that bigger QBs get hurt more dude.  Our experience has show that.

Bryce is clearly more elusive in the pocket and is FAR superior under pressure.

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

One of the main Bryce Young avatar guys posted Stroud's lowlights a few days ago. There's been some definite tomfoolery all around.

Exhibit A

20 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Exhibit A

Thats rich.   Stroud Boys complaining that someone said something negative about Stroud, meanwhile the Huddle is deluged with size queen crap.

Stroud doesn't walk on water.  He is was one of the worst QB's when under pressure last year in college football.

If we take him and the coaches feel that they can correct that, I'm cool with it.  But I think Young is the better QB. 

Edited by poundaway

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Thats rich.   Stroud Boys complaining that someone said something negative about Stroud, meanwhile the Huddle is deluged with size queen crap.

Stroud doesn't walk on water.  He is was one of the worst QB's when under pressure last year in college football.

If we take him and the coaches feel that they can correct that, I'm cool with it.  But I think Young is the better QB. 

He's not you got your opinion and I got mine..I'd rather have a pure passer and accurate thrower, you want a little person who runs around on college teams but won't be able to againt nfl players because they are just as fast if not faster

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I don’t like QBR either but it’s better than PFF, PFF is straight trash. Only good for looking up concrete stats that aren’t subject to their “interpretation”. 

Well this is objectively nonsense. PFF is a very valuable tool in assessing players, but it’s only one piece just like any other metric. The problem is people seem to think PFF suggests who the best players are definitively and thus toss it out when it doesn’t make obvious sense.

The 40 yard dash isn’t pure trash but you also don’t use that as the only metric to evaluate a CB or WR. 

The S2 isn’t pure trash but you also don’t use that as the only metric to evaluate a MLB or a SS.

PFF isn’t pure trash, but like every other metric, you aren’t using it as your end all metric to evaluate players. It’s a piece of the puzzle that is a valuable tool when used alongside all the other metrics. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

All franchises now use PFF. Just saying. If it was "straight trash," the NFL probably would forego it as a tool.

To what extent are all franchises using PFF? I sure hope the Panthers aren’t putting a lot weight on their “grades”.  Like I said, there are uses for PFF, even if just as part of a pool of data. Taking their opinions as gospel ain’t one of them. 

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Well this is objectively nonsense. PFF is a very valuable tool in assessing players, but it’s only one piece just like any other metric. The problem is people seem to think PFF suggests who the best players are definitively and thus toss it out when it doesn’t make obvious sense.

The 40 yard dash isn’t pure trash but you also don’t use that as the only metric to evaluate a CB or WR. 

The S2 isn’t pure trash but you also don’t use that as the only metric to evaluate a MLB or a SS.

PFF isn’t pure trash, but like every other metric, you aren’t using it as your end all metric to evaluate players. It’s a piece of the puzzle that is a valuable tool when used alongside all the other metrics. 

Ok, lemme rephrase, accepting their “grades” as definitive evaluations is pure trash. They try to push their grades while not knowing the context of what they’re evaluating in many cases. Can they accurately assess the difference between a drop and an uncatchable ball? Probably more often than not. Can they accurately assess what a QB’s reads were within the scope of the play that was called and whether they made the right decision?  No chance. Can they accurately assess if an OL got overpowered by a DL? Sure. Can they assess whether the OL missed his assignment or whether it was his neighbor’s responsibility? Not often. 

You can see the attacks on Stroud because he is making these throws and missing a few and with interceptions. Of course he will have bad gameplay and issues on the field  Young was just tossing the ball anywhere to get rid of the ball and unable to avoid getting sacked or took the sack at times without any choice in 2021. Both Stroud and Young have discrepancies that need to be cleaned up to even become an NFL ready QB and to be a starter. We have a coaching staff that can do just getting whoever that pick is ready to play as a starter.

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Ok, lemme rephrase, accepting their “grades” as definitive evaluations is pure trash. They try to push their grades while not knowing the context of what they’re evaluating in many cases. Can they accurately assess the difference between a drop and an uncatchable ball? Probably more often than not. Can they accurately assess what a QB’s reads were within the scope of the play that was called and whether they made the right decision?  No chance. Can they accurately assess if an OL got overpowered by a DL? Sure. Can they assess whether the OL missed his assignment or whether it was his neighbor’s responsibility? Not often. 

I agree with this, but I find them pretty insightful in certain metrics that other things just don’t really key in on. And I think they push their narrative on their grades because they are a business. 

Certainly PFF isn’t gospel, but I really like using it. Like everything else, it has its own flaws but I have learned a lot about players from it. I definitely don’t think it’s trash. But you have to do what you just did in your response. But things into context and use it for what it can identify. Your QB example might be better defined in a S2 score. But the S2 can’t identify dropped catchable balls like PFF can. You just have to use what it provided useful information in and not the things it doesn’t do well. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I don’t like QBR either but it’s better than PFF, PFF is straight trash. Only good for looking up concrete stats that aren’t subject to their “interpretation”. 

Beaded in what? Exactly how is QBR better than pff grade? 

QB throws a terrible pass that bounces off of the defenders chest, WR catches the deflection, makes 4 defenders miss and scores a TD.  QBR grades goes up for the QB.  PFF grades goes down for the QB.  I prefer that trash.  
QB throws a check down to a wide open RB that makes a spectacular 40 yard run     for a TD or QB makes a perfect 40 yard pass to a WR while under pressure, which is more impressive? QBR views them the same, PFF does not.  Which one sounds like trash now?