• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical Question that I'm sure will remain civil

Ricky Spanish

No feelings at all. All that matters is how they play.

Rodgers slipped to 24. Murray went ahead of Josh Allen. 

I will get behind our QB regardless. But reality shows us that being first doesn't guaruntee anything 

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't care what the Texans decide to do. We root for a losing franchise that has no shortage of tremendous blunders but even our fanbase is justified to look toward Houston and mutter "damn... at least we aren't THOSE guys."

Somewhere in one of the infinite parallel universes the Panthers are 9 time in a row defending SB Champs. I like to think we're those guys. 

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I know this is going to turn into a shitshow before I even ask, but I was wondering:

There has been a ton of talk that Houston might not take a QB at 2 if the guy they like isn't there. IF and I mean IF We take Young at #1 and Houston either trades down or passes on Stroud, what will the feeling be for those in the "Stroud over Young" Camp?

Vice versa, If we take Stroud and then Houston either trades out of 2 or doesn't take Young, how will the "Young over Stroud" camp feel?

Personally, whoever we take in that scenario will give me reassurance that we chose the right guy. Will those in your respective camps double down and call both QB Needy franchises dumb?

I will feel exactly the same.

8 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I know this is going to turn into a shitshow before I even ask, but I was wondering:

There has been a ton of talk that Houston might not take a QB at 2 if the guy they like isn't there. IF and I mean IF We take Young at #1 and Houston either trades down or passes on Stroud, what will the feeling be for those in the "Stroud over Young" Camp?

Vice versa, If we take Stroud and then Houston either trades out of 2 or doesn't take Young, how will the "Young over Stroud" camp feel?

Personally, whoever we take in that scenario will give me reassurance that we chose the right guy. Will those in your respective camps double down and call both QB Needy franchises dumb?

I think we made the bed when we moved up. Gotta pick one of the 3. 

The QB value in the 2023 draft reminds me of 2018 and 2011 drafts. There isn't a championship NFL QB in the top of the bunch and none are worth a 1st round pick. One of them will emerge as a playoff quality QB, but all are overvalued as 1st round picks. I expect the same reaction I got during those QB draft classes.

I believe the Panthers deal Young to the Texans and Stroud to the Colts. The Texans are not going to want the Colts to be the ones to get Young.

16 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

The QB value in the 2023 draft reminds me of 2018 and 2011 drafts. There isn't a championship NFL QB in the top of the bunch and none are worth a 1st round pick. One of them will emerge as a playoff quality QB, but all are overvalued as 1st round picks. I expect the same reaction I got during those QB draft classes.

I believe the Panthers deal Young to the Texans and Stroud to the Colts. The Texans are not going to want the Colts to be the ones to get Young.

So you're saying we move from 1 to 2 to 4? What would the trade compensation be?