• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POLL: Have you accepted that Bryce Young will be a Panther yet, and are you excited?

Have you accepted that Bryce Young will be a Panther yet, and are you excited about it?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. topic

• I am excited, and I have accepted it
    • I am not excited, but I have concede that BY will be our QB
    • I am still in denial and think he won't be the pick - THE BETTING SITES REMOVING THE PANTHERS PICK, THE REPORTS ETC ARE A MASSIVE SMOKESCREEN!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2023 at 02:51 AM

25 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The difference between Bryce guys and CJ guys, is it seems like Bryce guys are hardcore all in on their guy...whereas the majority of posts from the CJ camp are more anti-Bryce than they are pro-CJ.  I rarely see arguments for why we should pick CJ, but rather arguments for why we should not pick Bryce.  May seem like a subtle difference, but one camp seems to believe in their guy much more than the other camp believes in their guy.  I was leaning more heavily towards CJ over the last couple months as someone who doesn't watch a lick of college football (he just seems to check a lot of boxes), but when his own fans barely have anything nice to say about him other than "Bryce Young small", then it gives me a lot more pause lol.

I think you’re confusing a lotta posts by few people with a lot of people. There has been plenty of us pro-Stroud crew that is also pro-Young. Just more pro on Stroud because he’s a better passer, not worried about Young’s height at all and only worried about how tiny he is a little.  I’ve preferred Stroud from the beginning simply because he’s a better passer and I value that more than scrambling around and off script abilities. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Don't you think Bryce will have a chip,

Given the amount of disrespect he's been receiving about his stature?

Absolutely not! He's been celebrated as the "best player" in college football for 2 years. Hyped up since high school. He's been handed multiple awards. And when he does disappoint (like not winning a National Championship), people make excuses for him. Any chip on his shoulder won't be the size of Stroud's...especially if the Panthers pass on him.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

Absolutely not! He's been celebrated as the "best player" in college football for 2 years. Hyped up since high school. He's been handed multiple awards. And when he does disappoint (like not winning a National Championship), people make excuses for him. Any chip on his shoulder won't be the size of Stroud's...especially if the Panthers pass on him.

And you what they say… Chips win Champs! No, nobody says that.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

Yeah the guy who constantly gets told he’s too small to play will never have a chip on his shoulder. Do you think Stroud gets enough blame for not beating Michigan and losing to Georgia?

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Nobody knows how Young will turn out and for all we know he can very well be a bust. We will need strong evidence in his gameplay on the field to even consider him being a Panthers legend. 

Nah, I have full faith in him.  There's something special about him.  You don't make it this far as a 5'10 sub 200lb QB if you don't have special traits.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, BriceYung9 said:

I accepted it once I decided to make this my username. His potential was too much to deny. I got tired of trying to convince myself otherwise because of size. If size matters so much half of y’all wouldn’t even be married. Food for thought. 

🤔

From a (mercifully) locked thread by the user:

"My username is satire which I keep trying to explain (hence the blatant misspelling of his name) but the shitposters can’t read too well and certain words trigger them to post their absurdities and gets them all gussied up and red in the face lol. Fun times until the 27th for sure!"

T'would appear somebody is full of sh-t 😆

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

🤔

From a (mercifully) locked thread by the user:

"My username is satire which I keep trying to explain (hence the blatant misspelling of his name) but the shitposters can’t read too well and certain words trigger them to post their absurdities and gets them all gussied up and red in the face lol. Fun times until the 27th for sure!"

Would appear somebody is full of sh-t 😆

Omg we even got Scot throwing shots

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have no problem with the idea of drafting Young...except the same one everybody else has (concerns about his durability).

I really dislike stupidity though 🙄

As do i...whoever we get will have concerns it's how you adresss them that will determine success. Just at a professional level stroud seems to have less

I’ve been wanting a top rookie QB since my plan to tank for Trevor, which I will say was still genius and well beyond the minds of Hurney and Rhule, so I will be absolutely fine with Young. I’m not going to say I’m not worried a little about his size because TBH, I didn’t realize he was that small, just that he was a stud who I enjoyed watching occasionally. In the same way that I was OK with Fields if we couldn’t get Lawrence, I think I was OK with Stroud if Young wasn’t attainable. I didn’t see either as a Leaf to Manning or Mirer to Bledsoe type of 2nd QB.

I just wish we traded Burns when the Rams were off their rocker so that we could have had our trade up and still had a flurry of 1sts and 2nds this and the next two drafts to build a logjam of real young talented weapons around him. We now need to get a bit lucky and hit on all the picks we still have. Our room for error is non existent.

16 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

I think we are trying hard to trade #1 pick.  I might be wrong but I’m hoping for draft day movie like outcome.

One should never say never but I cannot see the Panthers trading away the valuable #1 overall 2023 NFL Draft Pick.

The  #1 draft Pick gives new head coach Frank Reich the ability to go get whoever he sees as the best player.

It appears very apparent the Panthers are going to draft a QB with this selection and this year's draft class features four QB's expected to get drafted high.

Keeping the # 1 Overall Pick allows the Panthers to pick their top choice and they seem to be really interested in Alabama's Bryce Young and Ohio State's C.J. Stroud, with  lots of expects saying they have already decided on drafting Young.

The Panthers haven't had stability at the position since Cam Newton left, so if they are locked onto a certain QB ,I cannot see them doing some kind of trade that would hurt their chance of obtaining him..