• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What could a trade down look like?

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pick 12 seems to be a non-negotiable for the folks who would accept this trade.

It's kind of begs the question, if we did get that pick, who would you take with it? 

Funny, I was looking at mocks as you were replying. I have not looked at 1st round talent at all because I know that we're going qb at #1.  Lukas Van Ness, Jaxon Smith-Njigba (especially since we ASSUME that Stroud will be the #2 pick), Devon Witherspoon and Joey Porter are the 4 names that stand out to me. I'd give Van-Ness the edge (pun intended).

Edited by shaqattaq

Just now, Jaxel said:

You mention this trade down in every thread, it's okay to admit it's your dream scenario. Nothing wrong with that, I personally just think it's kind of silly.

My dream? No. I already gave you mine.

But if the team actually managed to get their franchise quarterback and get extra picks In the process, especially something like a future first rounder, you'd have to explain to me what about that scenario would be bad.

(keeping in mind that the "what if it's a bad pick" question isn't really valid because that can happen either way)

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Listening to Fitty this morning on the radio he is good at not tipping his hand.  He also said Bryce is very mature and bright.  Said they all are.  Gave some interesting comments on ARs upside which impressed him a lot.

Levis didn’t come up

It's been said before, but our current front office and coaching staff seem to be very good at keeping things out of the news.

Pretty much everything we're hearing is speculation.

• Pie 3

If it's true that the team is running an offense more similar to Nick Sirianni's than Doug Pederson's then the trade-down could be for Anthony Richardson.

I would consider if Texans offered  #2, #12, and a 3rd rounder. Run heavy offense with deep threats. Look to target Darnell Washington TE Georgia  and Jaylin Hyatt WR Tennessee

56 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think you throw the point chart out the window when you are talking QBs. If we were to do it (which I doubt) pick 33 and 2 would be the lowest and I’m not sure that gets it done. Next years first or pick 12 would make more sense but Houston isn’t doing that.

There could be other "influences" that pump the price of #1 up....like Houston thinking Indy is going to make us an offer we can't refuse and take the guy they want.

The trade value chart is like any other set of numbers:  it is a pretty accurate guide over the long haul, but the caveat "all other things being equal" needs to be added to the end.  For the #1 pick or even a top 3-5, all other things are rarely equal.

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

There could be other "influences" that pump the price of #1 up....like Houston thinking Indy is going to make us an offer we can't refuse and take the guy they want.

The trade value chart is like any other set of numbers:  it is a pretty accurate guide over the long haul, but the caveat "all other things being equal" needs to be added to the end.  For the #1 pick or even a top 3-5, all other things are rarely equal.

I would start my negotiation with "so we've been talking to the Colts".

Hell, I'd call the Colts just to scare the sh-t out of the Texans 😆

2 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

If it's true that the team is running an offense more similar to Nick Sirianni's than Doug Pederson's then the trade-down could be for Anthony Richardson.

I would consider if Texans offered  #2, #12, and a 3rd rounder. Run heavy offense with deep threats. Look to target Darnell Washington TE Georgia  and Jaylin Hyatt WR Tennessee

Did I read somewhere Joe P hinted that AR was 2 on our board or am I insane? 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

That would take CJ Stroud and Bryce Young out of reach and no possible franchise QB for us if that had taken place.