• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does being a heisman QB guarantee success in the pros..

In reality Heisman trophy winning QBs probably have a higher % of turning into decent pros than the total population of QBs drafted. The generally accepted first round hit rate at QB (Pro Bowl level) is like 40% for first rounders, 12% for second rounders and less than 10% rounds 3- 7. The list provided shows like a minimum 40% hit rate (probably higher but I wouldn’t count them as hits) which is around the generally accepted hit rate of first round QBs. 

Heisman of course means nothing but just funny to think about how big of a crap shoot QB can be.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

why have so many heisman QB's not had success at the pro level? 

That's from the OP...again if you don't want to contribute

Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin

And let me look to make sure...NOPE I didn't include any if this drafts names in the op either..seems like you're just reaching for whatever you can

Go man go!

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He was over 100 TDs to 41 INTs with a completion % of 66.8 was OROTY and has already been to several Pro Bowls in 4 years.  16052 total yards and 107 TDs in 57 games. He also received a new contract after his rookie one.  I'm not saying he has lived up to his potential, but he was definitely shown success as a starting QB in the league.  Just look at how bad the NFC QBs are.  

But hasn't been on the field much lately due to durability.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/kyler-murray/10217

Let's contrast and compare! About the same age. Not the same build.

loop perfect loops GIF

Screenshot_20230420-162912~2.png

Screenshot_20230420-163020.png

Screenshot_20230420-163121~2.png

Screenshot_20230420-163139~2.png

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

But hasn't been on the field much lately due to durability.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/kyler-murray/10217

Let's contrast and compare! About the same age. Not the same build.

loop perfect loops GIF

Screenshot_20230420-162912~2.png

Screenshot_20230420-163020.png

Screenshot_20230420-163121~2.png

Screenshot_20230420-163139~2.png

This is about Heisman winners and their success in the NFL.  Murray has a totally different playing style than Young and I hope you are able to see that.  It's why Jackson gets hurt more than Mahomes or Rodgers who both all 6'2" 225/230.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

This is about Heisman winners and their success in the NFL.  Murray has a totally different playing style than Young and I hope you are able to see that.  It's why Jackson gets hurt more than Mahomes or Rodgers who both all 6'2" 225/230.  

So you are basically saying Young has absolutely no comparison in the NFL thus a huge unknown in a very thin package?

The injury concern with Bryce frame are for potential  collarbone and labrum injuries. It's actually interesting that Justin Herbert is the one with history of a broken collarbone in 2017 and a torn shoulder labrum on Jan 2023. 

Kyler has joint AC sprain in 2020 and didn't miss a game. The rest of his injuries are lower body anoncontactntact ACL tear. 

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/justin-herbert/10488

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

So you are basically saying Young has absolutely no comparison in the NFL thus a huge unknown in a very thin package?

Because he plays different than Murray?  Fitt already said they have a plan to add weight and I'm really not concerned about comps as they rarely work out that way. Before Cam there was no comparison and before Young there is no comparison.  

It’s a well known fact that heisman winning QB’s often don’t do well in the nfl. But that’s almost as stupid an argument to use against a prospect as what school they went to. It’s asinine and they have to be judged on their individual potential and evaluation. 

• Pie 2