• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*apparently false scores leaked* STROUD SCORES 18% ON S2 TEST (or maybe not)

42 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Apparently Young is a psychology major. Not that it matters but didn’t know that. 

It could matter, depends on the test. When I was in school I took some tests for a study by some grad students. They were trying to test recall. I performed well partially because I knew some tricks. Like one of the portions of the test was recalling sequences of numbers. I knew that chunking the numbers helps with recall, so instead of trying to remember 1, 5, 8, 3, 6, 2 or whatever it was, I would remember 2 numbers: 158 and 362. And that’s something you learn from psych/cog 101 level classes. Either way, I doubt it would account for as much of a difference as is being reported here.

1 minute ago, Newtcase said:

How can you say without durability concerns?  I enjoy your insights but that's just using conjecture to support Stroud.  This is the NFL, anyone can get destroyed on any play.  

Also are you suggesting that NFL teams try to hit small quarterbacks harder than they hit big ones.  Laughable.

I grant that everybody has durability concerns, but at the same time could you honestly say you'd be more worried about Terrell Owens taking a hit than you would Tutu Atwell?

And yes, all defenses are going to try to hit the quarterback. But again, hitting Bryce Young isn't quite the same as hitting Cam Newton.

Plus you have to figure the dirty ones are gonna go a little harder.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know, but the vibrations from watching our terrible QB play in recent years certainly still reverberate on my nightmares. That opens a whole new conversation about how string theory interacts with consciousness.

My string theory is that whoever we draft will be first string...unless it's Anthony Richardson 😐

Think about the police training exercise where the trainees walk through a room full of "bad guys" and good guys (I do not think this is a real test, but great for TV) in the form of cardboard "targets" that jump out at the trainees.  Some are wearing turtle neck sweaters, racoon masks, and Scally caps. Others have women holding babies, nuns and children.  The cop has a split second to decide to shoot and who to shoot. 

Stroud littered the sidewalk with dead mamas, babies, nuns, and children in his test. 

image.png.60120616abed2d3e656d7c7b4e30eea4.png

• Flames 4

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Think about the police training exercise where the trainees walk through a room full of "bad guys" and good guys (I do not think this is a real test, but great for TV) in the form of cardboard "targets" that jump out at the trainees.  Some are wearing turtle neck sweaters, racoon masks, and Scally caps. Others have women holding babies, nuns and children.  The cop has a split second to decide to shoot and who to shoot. 

Stroud littered the sidewalk with dead mamas, babies, nuns, and children in his test. 

image.png.60120616abed2d3e656d7c7b4e30eea4.png

Yeah but you know what, so did Will Smith in Men In Black and we all know how that turned out.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont think the test means nothing but it is weird this is the first year a big deal has been made of it.  If he scored 18, which seems like something is way off compared to the other scores, then I would like to hear it from him.  The s2 dudes said all the top qbs scored high so this is kindof weird.

Purdy scoring high on this test helped promote it.  I am not like some of the others, however, ready to denounce it without know what I am talking about.  This thread is full of people claiming that tests are not accurate measures of intelligence or performance--but they have not researched it or read research on it.

I want to say to them, "Who hurt you?"

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I grant that everybody has durability concerns, but at the same time could you honestly say you'd be more worried about Terrell Owens taking a hit than you would Tutu Atwell?

And yes, all defenses are going to try to hit the quarterback. But again, hitting Bryce Young isn't quite the same as hitting Cam Newton.

Cam was a target because of his size and what a threat he was and was hit hard. Young is much smaller and can evade the onslaught of a defensive line but how long will that actually last. Opponents will figure him out and find a weakness and exploit it like they always tend to do.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sure, that all seems like 2+2 but it can the other way as well.  Large bodies tend to wear out faster which is also 2+2.

And to dive into a little more nuance....beyond build, luck and genes what else can extend a career in a physically punishing sport like the NFL?  The ability to protect yourself, know the situation and play another down.  I'd argue it's also 2+2 that physical specimens are more likely to stick their nose in it and pay a price.  I'd expect Bryce to very good at protecting himself.  Honestly, this is one big reason Brady's career was so long and successful, dude knew when to get down or throw it away.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Yeah but you know what, so did Will Smith in Men In Black and we all know how that turned out.

Damn.  I was trying to find an example like that.  I googled Police Academy and 21 Jump St. 

• Beer 1