• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riddle me this?

Gerry Green

8 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Until it actually happens. I am not going down without a fight. lol

I thought I could learn something today. And I did. Don't try to have an honest discussion on the Huddle. You get 5 people willing to discuss. And 2 dozen acting like spoiled children. 

The thing is, at this point people already have their mind made up about one or the other. 

Your OP isn't coming from someone looking to learn. It's coming from a "show me why my preconceived perception about Young is wrong." But you've already made up your mind and can't see how you could be wrong that Stroud is a better QB option than Young.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Oh I know he's got flaws, but he's got a whole lot more going for him and his ceiling gets me excited. I trust this coaching staff if they think he's the best QB we could get. They'll get the most out of him and I believe just because of the situation he's walking into he'll do better than the other options available.

I agree with you, actually. And the gaslighting comment about flaws wasn’t directed at you. I can show tape of Young getting run down by defensive tackles and struggling to throw over the middle with any pressure around him and there’s a group of new posters here who pretend like they have never seen the tape and that Bryce is some Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence “safe” level of prospect. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

After the draft could you or another mod lock every one of the pre-draft threads need to be eradicated to put an end to all this bickering and nonsense so we can make threads on the players we drafted in their place.

Should we just submit a copy of thread topics for your perusal?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I agree with you, actually. And the gaslighting comment about flaws wasn’t directed at you. I can show tape of Young getting run down by defensive tackles and struggling to throw over the middle with any pressure around him and there’s a group of new posters here who pretend like they have never seen the tape and that Bryce is some Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence “safe” level of prospect. 

Gotcha. The thing is that for every example of a flaw, there's a lot more examples of the same situation where he does incredible in the moment. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The thing is, at this point people already have their mind made up about one or the other. 

Your OP isn't coming from someone looking to learn. It's coming from a "show me why my preconceived perception about Young is wrong." But you've already made up your mind and can't see how you could be wrong that Stroud is a better QB option than Young.

See, that's another problem with this place. Everyone thinks you have ulterior motives. I honestly wanted to hear something other than Bryce had no talent this year. Or CJ has too much talent.

Most QBs today get the ball out in roughly 2.5 secs. Which is where Stroud is at. Young routinely takes more than 3 secs. And yet, in today's NFL, with the speed and size on D. Folks still want the midget.

I want a QB that can carve you up from the pocket. And have a nice long career doing so. That is CJ>

Just now, Varking said:

There are very clearly a few people who are not looking to have honest discussion, OP included, and goat boys shenanigans have pretty much poisoned the well for all Stroud supporters. I was actually back and forth on Stroud and Young, but after it became clear that Young was the pick some of us accepted it, and a select few buried their head in the sand and tried to discredit everything and make this place a complete poo show.

• Poo 1

You simply cannot reduce a player's projection with a high degree of accuracy based on *any* set of numbers. There are myriad factors that go into all statistical performances, so many of which are well outside the individual player himself.

You've got to be able to get a "bird's eye" view so to speak, a macroscopic/comprehensive perspective that *attempts* to account for all those variables. That's the best that can be done, and even the best evaluators make many, many errors in those judgments.

We'll see.

5 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

There are very clearly a few people who are not looking to have honest discussion, OP included, and goat boys shenanigans have pretty much poisoned the well for all Stroud supporters. I was actually back and forth on Stroud and Young, but after it became clear that Young was the pick some of us accepted it, and a select few buried their head in the sand and tried to discredit everything and make this place a complete poo show.

Boston Celtics Sport GIF by Bleacher Report

• Poo 1