• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday OTA's

Jackie Lee

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Hindsight is going to be even more unkind to the Rhule Era, I predict.

Lots more lips will eventually talk about how poorly suited to the NFL he was.

I also predict he will flop at Nebraska.

Don't know how he'll do at Nebraska but agree totally with the rest.

8 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

He seems more gadget-y to me.  Want someone with more shiftiness and speed than LS, although he did grade out very well; he was in slot 51.5% of his snaps which accounted for 50 snaps in the slot the entire year.  

Should let him have a down the field role he was a stud at Colorado and he’s built like AJ Brown 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know how he'll do at Nebraska but agree totally with the rest.

I think there is only so far being a charlatan can carry you. Notice that his trend prior to his firing here was short stints at each spot. Always staying a step ahead of anyone figuring him completely out.

• Beer 2

10 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Not a good way to make an impression on the new team, Hurst. Cut him and draft his replacement!

Is that the proper overreaction to that news?🤔

Not enough exclamation points and you need to alternate UpPeR cAsE with LoWeR cAsE to really make your comment more impactful.

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Unsure.  Shi's usage didn't really change after we landed Shenault.  Once here, we brought Laviska in on very specific playcalls so he just seemed to be used in a more creative fashion.  That was with Rhule and then a dismantled hodge-podge staff so we'll see. 

Even in JAX, his slot play was still in the 57% range of his passing snaps.  Only 27% his rookie year.  

Don’t forget LS was injured for a handful of games with his hammy issue.

also, it’s hard to invest into any conclusions based on how criminal our roster management was last year. FItt loves LS and Marshal. I expect them to be active game days.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

YGM at OLB?

It will be interesting to see if he has dropped a few pounds, or maybe they are going to use him on running and short yardage situations.  He does seem to be an "odd man out" in many ways.  However, maybe he was the "odd man out" before, because he was not very productive, save a few flashes here and there.

29 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Don’t forget LS was injured for a handful of games with his hammy issue.

also, it’s hard to invest into any conclusions based on how criminal our roster management was last year. FItt loves LS and Marshal. I expect them to be active game days.

Fair, I'm excited.  The crux of my spiel is that a Tyler Scott, Tank Dell, or Marvin Mims could slot right in fairly well, even with the crowd.  Think we have room to improve ahead of Shi & Byrd on the depth chart.  

Although, I won't be mad if we don't land a WR, but if/when Chark misses time, it would be good to still have some higher end speed in this unit.  But no doubt: Would be awesome if both TMJ & Laviska worked out in what their expected roles will be.  

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Fair, I'm excited.  The crux of my spiel is that a Tyler Scott, Tank Dell, or Marvin Mims could slot right in fairly well, even with the crowd.  Think we have room to improve ahead of Shi & Byrd on the depth chart.  

Although, I won't be mad if we don't land a WR, but if/when Chark misses time, it would be good to still have some higher end speed in this unit.  But no doubt: Would be awesome if both TMJ & Laviska worked out in what their expected roles will be.  

Yeah, i fully expect us to draft another receiver and have 6-7 active in game day. The thing about having a player like Chinn on our roster and going 3-4 … we are able to create more flexibility on game day actives. 

my eyes are on Mingo.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yeah, i fully expect us to draft another receiver and have 6-7 active in game day. The thing about having a player like Chinn on our roster and going 3-4 … we are able to create more flexibility on game day actives. 

my eyes are on Mingo.

I like Mingo, I'm most curious about how Thomas Brown and Tabor settle on the return positions. That'll be a major factor in how many they keep and activate

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

my eyes are on Mingo.

If you're looking at perimeter types, yeah Mingo has become an internet fave at WR this offseason for a ton of fanbases.  Xavier Hutchinson is also a name to keeps tabs on in that department.  He's flying under the radar for how decorated he is.  

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think there is only so far being a charlatan can carry you. Notice that his trend prior to his firing here was short stints at each spot. Always staying a step ahead of anyone figuring him completely out.

No argument there.

That's one of the reasons why I never understood the hype about him. It's not like he was winning championships.

• Beer 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No argument there.

That's one of the reasons why I never understood the hype about him. It's not like he was winning championships.

The hype here for that boob was ridiculous.  I haven't forgotten. It was the Sam when they traded for Sam Darnold.  I never understood it myself but it's how the Huddle rolls.

• Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

The hype here for that boob was ridiculous.  I haven't forgotten. It was the same when they traded for Sam Darnold.  I never understood it myself but it's how the Huddle rolls.

What got me with Rhule wasn't so much the Huddle but the media.

Even there it's not so much that I was shocked by media hype as I was pissed that we fell for it 😖

• Beer 2