• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To the Bryce Young Haters...

Asaria

1 minute ago, FieldsOverTheField said:

Read the tea leaves this team has been trending down steadily since JR incident 12/17/2017

Down to by far the lowest pt. in CAR history

But it is ok, 5'10 185 ALABAMA QB Bryce Young, IND sloppy seconds, will save us

Any optimism around this team is actually laughable

This franchise is in for a Detroit Lions stretch it has yet to see, a great season here and there is going to look really great around here in another decade

Oh sweetie, the short bus doesn't go where you live does it?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, FieldsOverTheField said:

This franchise is in for a Detroit Lions stretch it has yet to see, a great season here and there is going to look really great around here in another decade

LOL this is perfect timing as I was posting what I just did in my above post

Seeing as I'm from Michigan and my Lions friends constantly give me crap about my reasons for being a Panthers fan.

I usually point to us never having back-to-back winning season's in franchise history and that after 25+ years I'm still a die hard fan.  Then they quickly shut that argument down by pointing out that in our lifetimes the Lions have won 1 playoff game back in the 90's, while the Panthers have played in two SB's in the time since then, hahahaha

As much fun as I have hating on the Lions, and I genuinely love it, we can't hold a candle to their ineptitude as a franchise over the last 25 years.

Edited by tukafan21

11 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Panthers In Talks To Bring Back Sam Darnold: REPORT – OutKick

It's different taking a guy who has shown 3 years in the league of poor decision making and a destroyed confidence compared to a kid coming out of college fresh.

Look at someone like Josh Allen who had those same question marks coming out of school and he got coached up in those areas.

It more comes down to if you trust your coaches enough to coach them up.

Darnold was saddled with the worst coaching staff imaginable in NY and had a terrible set here in Carolina as well.  This current coaching staff is built to coach up a young QB's mental side of the game, which is why I never understood trading up to take a QB whose biggest areas of concern were physically, not mental.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

27 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

It's different taking a guy who has shown 3 years in the league of poor decision making and a destroyed confidence compared to a kid coming out of college fresh.

Look at someone like Josh Allen who had those same question marks coming out of school and he got coached up in those areas.

Darnold was saddled with the worst coaching staff imaginable in NY and had a terrible set here in Carolina as well.  This current coaching staff is built to coach up a young QB's mental side of the game, which is why I never understood trading up to take a QB whose biggest areas of concern were physically, not mental.

If your argument is that the mental side can be coached, why have more QBs with the physical traits not had success? Josh Allen is really an anomaly. There have been far more guys with the physical traits but lacking the mental aspect bust than they have turned into a QB like Josh Allen.

Are you saying that all of those busts simply had professional coaching staffs who just weren’t able to coach up the mental side? Wouldn’t the simplest explanation be that maybe it is not so easy to coach up the mental side?

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Josh Allen was an outlier.