• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To the Bryce Young Haters...

Asaria

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's literally two or three posters. The draft is 48 hours and some change away. It's time to come together and support the pick whomever he may be.

It really is. That’s life. My work deals with community living. 

There could be 1000 people living at a property, but less than 10 create all the problems and complaints. 

It can “seem” like everyone is complaining…but reality doesn’t match. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I think it's pretty simple, of the top 4 QB prospects, he has the worst physical traits of the 4 along with the easiest potential flaw to predict of any of the 4 as well.

That's a very weird combination for the #1 pick of the draft.

To take a guy solely because of his mental make up, despite him not having any elite physical traits and banking on him being the best small QB in NFL history is quite the gamble.  What he does best are the "easiest" things to coach up while where he lacks in comparison to the other prospects are things that can't be coached up.  

You can coach up a player to make better decisions and be more accurate, but you can't coach up a guy to get bigger or get a significantly stronger arm, not at this point in their careers, and he is woefully in last place amongst the 4 of them in both of those areas.

I also can only speak for myself, but a significant part of my concern is also what we gave up to take that risk on him.  There is a very legitimate argument to be made that Young has the lowest ceiling amongst these 4 QBs, which is just very weird to have given up all those assets to then make him the pick knowing that.

Once the pick is made, I'm fully on the Young train of course, it's easy to shift from "I don't want to draft him for these very legitimate reasons" to "please just stay healthy"

Yupperz. There's a real possibility that we go from "Keep Pounding" to "Please don't pound our QB". lol

• Poo 2

Just now, FieldsOverTheField said:

Because Young, not unlike the rest of this QB class, is garbage

No, no he's not

If he can stay healthy, he'll be a solid starting NFL QB with upside to be better than that.

It's posts like this that bother me as I feel like it lumps people like me in with those who think like this.

Every draft pick is a balancing act of weighing out all the pros and cons of a player as well as the cost to acquire said player.

My first choice would have been to stay at #9 and see if anyone fell to us, my second choice would have been trading up to a different pick than #1 to take whichever QBs fell to the 3-7 range and save some assets, and my third choice would have been making the trade we made and then taking Stroud.

Which is why this is frustrating for most of the "Young haters" as many put it, particularly since we just don't think he's going to be able to stay healthy for a 10+ year career (and frankly, I don't think he'll get close to that, at least not as a starting QB, maybe a backup at that point.  I don't think he'll make it as a healthy starting QB to a second contract myself).

• Beer 1

Read the tea leaves this team has been trending down steadily since JR incident 12/17/2017

Down to by far the lowest pt. in CAR history

But it is ok, 5'10 185 ALABAMA QB Bryce Young, IND sloppy seconds, will save us

Any optimism around this team is actually laughable

This franchise is in for a Detroit Lions stretch it has yet to see, a great season here and there is going to look really great around here in another decade

• Poo 7

And while I can't speak for the other "Bryce haters" but so many of the "Bryce lovers" seem to insinuate that the "Bryce haters" are going to be rooting for him to fail.

WTF is that about?!?!

If that's the case, then you're just not a Panthers fan

I have no natural connection to the Panthers, I was a 7 year old kid when the franchise was created and happened to be at the HOF that summer before the first season and as 7 year old kids do.  I thought they had a cool logo so my dad bought me a Panthers mini-helmet and I was as much of a "fan" as a 7 year old could be pre-internet days.  Then going into the second season they drafted my favorite college player and I was hooked, 25+ years later and I'm still a die-hard Panthers fan (and I have the receipts to prove it, see the pics below).

So don't question my Panthers fandom because of how vocal I've been against picking Young, I think sticking by a team that has never had back to back winning seasons, when you have no natural connection to the team, makes me just as much, if not more, of a Panthers fan than anyone.

Pre-Biakabutuka evidence

IMG_5422.thumb.JPG.7a44c3f0e458d687a4fd89fc6052e750.JPG

Post Biakabutuka pick from my 5th grade photos

IMG_5430.thumb.JPG.169d5a185a37bd31c0db5319e6d2dc2e.JPG

Edited by tukafan21