• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Th 6’2 prototypical QB is a myth, look at the shotgun percentages

TheBigKat

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sure, all of that.  But the fact remains he is still going to get clobbered at some point.   Even with one of the best lines in the nfl Brady still got sacked 22 times and thats not including knock downs.    Wilson who people are comparing Young to was sacked a league high 63 times and he was hurt basically the entire season.

He isn’t made of glass. He is a damn grown ass man. 

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Its easy to imagine, he's just a tad shorter than PJ.  PJ played behind the exact same line that Coral did in preseason, just PJ didn't get put on IR for the season like the much larger Coral did.

So you have no concerns about Young's size?

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Matt Corral is 6'1 215 pounds and he looked small in preseason. It was like he was being swallowed up by the pocket, and I kept thinking "he's going to get hurt." Then he got hurt trying to run for his life. Young is 5'10 190 pounds, and I can't even imagine how small he's going to look behind our enormous o-line. Our center is 6'5, and you know our tackles are basically the largest humans on Earth that can still play a sport. I can't help but wonder if the Panthers are actually taking Young, but all signs do point to him being the selection. 

He's 6'2". I figured after the first sentence there was no point in reading the rest.

Edited by top dawg

30 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The major concern about Young isnt his overall game or how the nfl offensive philosophy is changing.  Its simply can his body withstand the punishment.  Thats pretty much it.  

If Brady could avoid injury through his late 30’s, BY can do it too.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

So you have no concerns about Young's size?

Some.  But no more than  PJ's.  I don't remember the huddle going apeshlt over PJ's size as much as we were concerned about his play.   Corral, was the one out for the season, not PJ.

Besides its been discussed adnauseam here.  The only studies we could find say the exact opposite.  The larger the QB, the MORE likely they get hurt.  Ask PJ and Corral.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Some.  But no more than  PJ's.  I don't remember the huddle going apeshlt over PJ's size as much as we were concerned about his play.   Corral, was the one out for the season, not PJ.

Besides its been discussed adnauseam here.  The only studies we could find say the exact opposite.  The larger the QB, the MORE likely they get hurt.  Ask PJ and Corral.

Ive was pretty drunk during the rhule years but I dont recall us trading up to 1 for pj walker and I certainly dont remember him being a long term viable option at qb

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

The only ppl not concerned over Young's lack of size? The ones that want him. Albeit some actually will admit his is smallish. But he knows how not to get hurt. 

See, that's where you're absolutely wrong. People that want him are concerned about his size, but not enough to pass him over for obviously inferior QBs.

By the way, I'm going on record right now saying that Hooker might be the best of the bunch (but that's only if Young's size proves to be catastrophic). 

Edited by top dawg

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive was pretty drunk during the rhule years but I dont recall us trading up to 1 for pj walker and I certainly dont remember him being a long term viable option at qb

No, we traded up for Matt Corral, who didn't  make it through preseason.

Edited by poundaway

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

I wasn't concerned about PJ's size because it was PJ. Not much was expected, and really didn't think he would be on the team beyond last season.

I don't see the size discussion going away anytime soon, but yes I would like to have new information on the subject of QB size linked to injury.

• Pie 1