• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DAY 2: Best of the Rest Big Board by Positions of Interest

MHS831

37 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I want Mayer so badly. Mentally prepping myself to not get him.

I hope we trade back, so much talent left.

I'm surprised by the number of players still on the board that were thought to be mid to lower first rounders.  I guess all it took was a couple of teams to draft players thought to be second or even third rounders in round one to put us here.

Mayer is one of those, as is Porter.  I'm less surprised about Levis still being on the board than those.  When Myles Murphy was still on the board at 28 I was wondering WTF? 

I thought Darnell Washington could be gone by the time we pick again, and who knows, he may still be but the fact Mayer is also on the board as we turn into round two provides some hope.

We certainly need an Edge, but I think we also need to look at the biggest "bang for the buck" available.  I am also not opposed to trading down a bit and picking up another pick today.

• Pie 2

So much talent left. We could end up with a beast TE to go with our rookie QB. Just think if Mayer or Washington falls to us and they are as good as advertised. That would be a huge boost to our offense. WR isn’t as big of a deal to me. I think there is better talent at CB than edge right now and I feel that CB is a bigger need than edge.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I appreciate you including Sanders as an edge. He started his college career as a DE not a LB. I think he makes so much sense and brings so much versatility as a 3-4 OLB.

Agree here, I think if he were the pick he’d probably be deployed like Micah Parsons is. Playing a lot of EDGE but also playing ILB when it calls for it. Luvu kinda fills a similar role but I feel like they want him more as a running mate for Shaq on the inside. 

I feel like if Joey Porter slips they may go Corner first. But I’m hoping they can trade back and pick up another 3rd or a 4th they could package to get into the 3rd, so they can walk away with a receiver at some point. 

52 minutes ago, MHS831 said:
54 minutes ago, rayzor said:

most likely edge or CB.

i think the better value of the two right now is at CB, but they'll probably be wanting edge more.

I agree--Porter and Branch are first round talents--I even see a possible trade up for either.

Ojulari makes the most sense

I agree with ya'll. FWIW, I traded back in my mock (we get 46 and 76, NE gets 39 and 114) and ended up with Brents (CB) and Hall (Edge) . 

1 minute ago, LordOfDaWingz said:

I want a second tightend so bad. I want to put up points next season but I wouldn’t be upset considering the talent that’s left on defense. Man I feel like we’re always using early picks on defense. 

agreed and great avatar!

• Beer 1

Just now, shaqattaq said:

Same, except my "guy" is Porter. SOOO much talent on the board.

imagine our two bookend corners, the sons of former NFL stars.

if I'm a Steelers fan and they pass on him today with the 32nd pick, I would absolutely rage.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Tight Ends

·       Darnell Washington, Georgia (2)

Wide Receivers

·       Jonathan Mingo, Mississippi (2)

Offensive Linemen

·       O’Cyrus Torrence (G) Florida (2)

Cornerbacks

·       Kelee Ringo, Georgia (2)

Edge 

·       BJ Ojulari, LSU (2)

this is a good list if you swap Washington for LaPorta.

• Pie 1