• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Henderson's option declined

Mr. Scot

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Per Joe...

No word yet on Brown that I've seen...

Every day Scott Fitterer looks more and more out of his depth. From Cat Scratch Reader:

Scott Fitterer & Co. thought they knew better than the Jags and decided to flip a 2022 third round pick — a valuable selection where starters can be drafted — plus veteran tight end Dan Arnold in exchange for Henderson and a fifth round pick. This trade has not aged well.

Ouch.  Fitterer being the genius that traded for Sam Darnold too.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 5

4 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Every day Scott Fitterer looks more and more out of his depth. From Cat Scratch Reader:

Yeeeeaaahhh...no.

More than one insider has pointed out that Matt Rhule was the one who most heavily coveted CJ Henderson. Likewise the pickups of Bridgewater, Darnold and Mayfield were all his idea.

Fitterer takes the blame for Darnold's fifth year option, but not the other stuff.

I'd add that Dan Arnold in Jacksonville hasn't exactly been anything special.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 5

By the way, Rhule was behind the Henderson/Darnold trade--he based his decision on the college film he watched on CJ and not the Jags film--by his own admission, if you recall. 

I am interested to see how they use Jammie, to switch gears.  I doubt he was drafted to sit behind Chinn, Bell, and Woods. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Meh. We received a 5th for Arnold which was fair imo. Giving the Jags a 3rd for a young and cheap CB isn’t the end of the world and I still view it as worth the risk. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

By the way, Rhule was behind the Henderson/Darnold trade--he based his decision on the college film he watched on CJ and not the Jags film--by his own admission, if you recall. 

I am interested to see how they use Jammie, to switch gears.  I doubt he was drafted to sit behind Chinn, Bell, and Woods. 

Yep. Insiders said he had really been hoping to draft Henderson the year before but it didn't fall that way.

3 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Agreed. Its not unfair to admit that Fitt isn't the second coming of Jesus and makes a few mistakes here and there!  Its par for the course! 

Lets remember the days when this site owner and all the other homies were all up on Tepper's balls, posting memes of brass balls, making thread now deleted called "ready to win"....and literally turned on him 1 year later.  People are fickle AF

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Mega Pint of Wine said:

Agreed. Its not unfair to admit that Fitt isn't the second coming of Jesus and makes a few mistakes here and there!  Its par for the course! 

It makes more sense though to place blame for things that actually happened.