• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more BOA

Mr. Scot

Time is running out on Bank of America’s naming rights contract for the Carolina Panthers’ stadium uptown. The bank purchased the naming rights in 2004 under a 20-year agreement for $140 million, or $7 million per season. The financial institution has been headquartered in Charlotte since 1998 after NationsBank’s merger with BankAmerica. It’s unclear if Bank of America will renew the contract. A bank spokesperson said there’s nothing to report at this time.

Today, the average stadium naming rights deal across the country is about $14 million a year, Depken said. He expects the new contract for the Panthers stadium to cost about $10 to $15 million annually. Last year, insurance company Acrisure paid $10 million per year for 15 years to be the name on the Pittsburgh Steelers’ stadium.

Also last year, the Cincinnati Bengals and Paycor signed a deal worth for $12 million a year for 16 years. Other stadium deals have doubled and tripled those numbers. In 2019, Social Finance Inc. paid more than $30 million annually over 20 years to put its name “SoFi” on the new stadium for the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers. The same year, Allegiant Airlines paid $25 million per year for Las Vegas Raiders stadium rights.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article275007936.html#storylink=cpy

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

Sponsor names on stadiums?  I'm fine with it.

Sponsor names on player gameday jerseys?  Not so much.

Or players and coaches having to namedrop 100 different companies in there interviews like Nascar 

And Bryce Young putting on a Pepsi cap and drinking a mountain dew while being interviewed 

3 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Or players and coaches having to namedrop 100 different companies in there interviews like Nascar 

And Bryce Young putting on a Pepsi cap and drinking a mountain dew while being interviewed 

NASCAR is designed for sponsors. I get that.

I am referring to more like the ALLY or AMERICAN INSURANCE team jerseys for soccer. Not a fan.

5 hours ago, KushMcDieselson said:

BMW wouldn't be a terrible choice as I believe I read somewhere that the blue color in their logo is a also variation of the pantone process blue the the Panthers use.

Plus it’s the vehicle of choice for the wine and cheese portion of the fan base.

On 5/2/2023 at 1:22 PM, BrisbanePanther said:

Whatever it is, I suspect there will be some tea leaves to read regarding timing of a new stadium, which would fetch huge dollars by itself. Also have to keep in mind that there'll be other stadiums coming too which could take some potential sponsors, including new ones in Buffalo, Nashville, and DC (which will almost certainly have their pick of sponsors in a mega-deal to compete with Bezos). In fact, I think a new DC stadium could break the $500m sponsorship mark.

That being said, my contenders would be:

American Airlines Field due to the Charlotte hub, but I'm not sure airlines are throwing money like this at sponsorships anymore.

I also think it could be a random one like:

Samsung Stadium--but then again this feels like the name for a new (or heavily renovated) stadium. The tech upgrades, customer experience, and product placement takes care of itself. All the video boards, ribbon boards, monitors, wifi, everything--all Samsung and probably special features for Samsung phone owners (like me! 👍). 

You can do the Samsung thing without it being the name of the stadium.  There are lots of partnership opportunities associated with a team.  The Ford's own the Detroit Lions and the stadium is Ford Field.  The Cowboys practice facility is sponsored by Ford.  Arrowhead stadium has a Ford Fan Zone and ford Tailgate District.

About-FF-CP-FF-68775a834a.jpg

ford-center-star (1).jpg

1e139226bfb54cb4a95cb9d5d179189c.jpg

Shutterstock_10033566p.jpg